Feel like I didn't apply to enough top tier schools? 4.0/515/UCLA/ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confuseddog

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have been getting interviews and I applied to many mid to upper tier schools ranging from UCLA to Einstein to Dartmouth to etc. and I am wondering if I should have applied to more top heavy schools??? I say this more because of my application than my stats, a 516 maybe lower for top tier.

GPA: 4.0, MCAT 516

Clinical paid experience: 500 hours by application MA
Research experience: 350 by application w/ publication, 1600 by matriculation
Non-clinical volunteering: 150 mentorship program
Clinical volunteering: 500 hours with underserved communities
Shadowing: 20 hours
Sports: 500 hours of main sport
Leadership: main leadership role in organization i found for 4 years

Pretty well written activities and personal statement.

A Fun person.

I didn't apply to schools like Harvard, Stanford, Duke, Mayo, Sinai, etc because I felt my MCAT was too low. Worried I made a mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Boy, I can sure see your problem.
40 or so more hours of primary care shadowing would be useful. With that said, I don’t see what you have to worry about, unless you’ve got 2 heads.

Boy, I can sure see your problem.
40 or so more hours of primary care shadowing would be useful. With that said, I don’t see what you have to worry about, unless you’ve got 2 heads.
I don’t understand this? Hahah

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I have been getting interviews and I applied to many mid to upper tier schools ranging from UCLA to Einstein to Dartmouth to etc. and I am wondering if I should have applied to more top heavy schools??? I say this more because of my application than my stats, a 516 maybe lower for top tier.

GPA: 4.0, MCAT 516

Clinical paid experience: 500 hours by application MA
Research experience: 350 by application w/ publication, 1600 by matriculation
Non-clinical volunteering: 150 mentorship program
Clinical volunteering: 500 hours with underserved communities
Shadowing: 20 hours
Sports: 500 hours of main sport
Leadership: main leadership role in organization i found for 4 years

Pretty well written activities and personal statement.

A Fun person.

I didn't apply to schools like Harvard, Stanford, Duke, Mayo, Sinai, etc because I felt my MCAT was too low. Worried I made a mistake.
You made your choice and were successful in your strategy. Don't doubt yourself. Pick a school where you will really succeed and go for the brand name for a residency or fellowship. Residency directors like diversity in their groups too, including by school.

I don’t understand this? Hahah

Extreme sarcasm. When someone with a 4.0/516 with essentially all the tickets punched is concerned about acceptance to medical school it is called for.

Reactions: 1 users
Extreme sarcasm. When someone with a 4.0/516 with essentially all the tickets punched is concerned about acceptance to medical school it is called for.
Still haven’t been accepted

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Maybe you got a toxic LOR. And if you did, they sure would not tell you. Were you 110% with everyone who submitted one?

Reactions: 1 user