Feeling Defeated Tonight....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go through phases when it comes to studying for this test. Right now, it's midnight Pacific time, and I'm feeling defeated...

I gotta get this done.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you set the date, you wont go through phases anymore because you will start freaking out about how little time you have until test date to cram everything.

I don't think I am ever going to set a date...I don't need to take mine yet, but I'm already freakin gout pretty bad now...I can't imagine when it comes closer...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I am ever going to set a date...I don't need to take mine yet, but I'm already freakin gout pretty bad now...I can't imagine when it comes closer...:scared:

yeah its pretty nerve wracking but the sooner one takes it the better since they keep adding newer topics to the DAT sections.

when should one schedule a date to take the exam?
How many weeks or months before?
thanks

I would say about a month in advance just so you are able to get the date and time that you actually want. maybe a month and a half in advance if you plan on taking it in the summer because a lot of students tend to take it then and the slots are usually reserved if you dont sign up for it first.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

A PSALM OF LIFE

WHAT THE HEART OF THE YOUNG MAN
SAID TO THE PSALMIST

TELL me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream ! —
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
And things are not what they seem.

Life is real ! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal ;
Dust thou art, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.

Not enjoyment, and not sorrow,
Is our destined end or way ;
But to act, that each to-morrow
Find us farther than to-day.

Art is long, and Time is fleeting,
And our hearts, though stout and brave,
Still, like muffled drums, are beating
Funeral marches to the grave.

In the world's broad field of battle,
In the bivouac of Life,
Be not like dumb, driven cattle !
Be a hero in the strife !

Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant !
Let the dead Past bury its dead !
Act,— act in the living Present !
Heart within, and God o'erhead !

Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time ;

Footprints, that perhaps another,
Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, shall take heart again.

Let us, then, be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate ;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.

I go through phases when it comes to studying for this test. Right now, it's midnight Pacific time, and I'm feeling defeated...

I gotta get this done.

Sky, I just finished mastering a Hi-def video for you. Hope it makes you feel better (turn up your speakers):

The Mighty SkyIsBlue

Save it and watch to it whenever you feel down.

If you still feel down, then you must watch this one too:

Defeat the DAT

You may be wondering "why did Bus go through all this hardwork?" Watch this for your answer:

The Sky Is My Friend

Sky, I just finished recording a song for you. Hope it makes you feel better (turn up your speakers):

The Mighty SkyIsBlue

Save it and listen to it whenever you feel down.

If you still feel down, then you must listen to this too:

Defeat the DAT

hands down the coolest thing i have EVER seen...i wish someone had done this for me when i was studying for the exam! :thumbup:

Sky, I just finished mastering a Hi-def video for you. Hope it makes you feel better (turn up your speakers):

The Mighty SkyIsBlue

Save it and watch to it whenever you feel down.

If you still feel down, then you must watch this one too:

Defeat the DAT

You may be wondering "why did Bus go through all this hardwork?" Watch this for your answer:

The Sky Is My Friend
Thats pretty cool!! Anyone who feel like quitting DAT should just watch that and it will empower you to open the text again!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

"Look, man. When you beat me, I hurt all over. I didn't wanna know from nobody, not even my kids. Every fighter knows that hurt. We get sick inside trying to live with it, so don't back off now. Make it right for yourself or you'll be sorry you didn't. We held the greatest title in the whole world, babe.
You lost that fight for all the wrong reasons. You lost your edge. All right. I know your manager dying had you all messed up inside. But the truth is you didn't look hungry. Now when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man, the edge. Now you gotta get it back, and the way to do it is to go back to the beginning."