-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Feeling dumb
Started by luis.durazo23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Realize that everyone feels that way all the time and get over it. Hell, much of the time when your attendings are pimping you, is because they forgot something and figure you might remember.
Buy Goljan RR Pathology right now and memorize it cover-to-cover!
Jk. That happens to everyone. Just don't use it as a crutch.
Jk. That happens to everyone. Just don't use it as a crutch.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've come to realize that the further I get in academia the more I know about how little I actually know lol.
Me too bro, me too. July 2016 was a wake up call for me, a point in my life when I realized just how stupid I really am. I wake up every morning and remind myself of this. I have three print outs of my Step 1 score report. One on the ceiling above my bed to see when I first wake up. One on my bathroom mirror. A third on the door to my room to see before I leave in the morning. Mediocrity is a hard pill to swallow.
I guess my point is, OP, you are not dumb. There will always be stupider people in the world (i.e.: myself) that you can fall back on. Hold your held up. Study hard for Step 1 and get a solid score, no PD will ever questions your intellect with a high score.
I guess my point is, OP, you are not dumb. There will always be stupider people in the world (i.e.: myself) that you can fall back on. Hold your held up. Study hard for Step 1 and get a solid score, no PD will ever questions your intellect with a high score.
Me too bro, me too. July 2016 was a wake up call for me, a point in my life when I realized just how stupid I really am. I wake up every morning and remind myself of this. I have three print outs of my Step 1 score report. One on the ceiling above my bed to see when I first wake up. One on my bathroom mirror. A third on the door to my room to see before I leave in the morning. Mediocrity is a hard pill to swallow.
I guess my point is, OP, you are not dumb. There will always be stupider people in the world (i.e.: myself) that you can fall back on. Hold your held up. Study hard for Step 1 and get a solid score, no PD will ever questions your intellect with a high score.
sounds very maladaptive
I think at this point he's likely a troll. Appreciate the humorsounds very maladaptive
I think at this point he's likely a troll. Appreciate the humor![]()
I don't know. Struck me like something someone would do.
Your trolling is the best long-con ever, I totally bought it at first but now I'm starting to see all your posts as high quality satire. You probably actually got a 280 or somethingMe too bro, me too. July 2016 was a wake up call for me, a point in my life when I realized just how stupid I really am. I wake up every morning and remind myself of this. I have three print outs of my Step 1 score report. One on the ceiling above my bed to see when I first wake up. One on my bathroom mirror. A third on the door to my room to see before I leave in the morning. Mediocrity is a hard pill to swallow.
I guess my point is, OP, you are not dumb. There will always be stupider people in the world (i.e.: myself) that you can fall back on. Hold your held up. Study hard for Step 1 and get a solid score, no PD will ever questions your intellect with a high score.

His sense of humor is too good to score that highYour trolling is the best long-con ever, I totally bought it at first but now I'm starting to see all your posts as high quality satire. You probably actually got a 280 or something![]()
🙄Me too bro, me too. July 2016 was a wake up call for me, a point in my life when I realized just how stupid I really am. I wake up every morning and remind myself of this. I have three print outs of my Step 1 score report. One on the ceiling above my bed to see when I first wake up. One on my bathroom mirror. A third on the door to my room to see before I leave in the morning. Mediocrity is a hard pill to swallow.
I guess my point is, OP, you are not dumb. There will always be stupider people in the world (i.e.: myself) that you can fall back on. Hold your held up. Study hard for Step 1 and get a solid score, no PD will ever questions your intellect with a high score.
No one with a knowledge of memes deep enough to dig out the dancing baby as an avatar is stupid enough to fall at life as hard as he has at the age he claims to have.I think at this point he's likely a troll. Appreciate the humor![]()
I think it was Plato who said when talking about Socrates, "the more I know, the more I realize I know nothing."
Have you ever feel like you dont lnow everything you should know by now?
Sometimes i do, i dont know if it is my memory or its just me but i feel kinda dumb sometimes
How can i deal with it?
More practice less study - seriously medicine is a all in one field. Spend as much time as you can in the ER . The sheer diversity and crushing number of cases helps cement knowledge and make wonderful new connections.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently sat down with a pre-eminent Rabbi, a Torah Scholar in his mid 80s widely regarded as one of the leading experts on Jewish Family Law worldwide. Israel recognizes him as one of a handful of Rabbis OUTSIDE of Israel who is legally able to provide a get (Jewish divorce). His knowledge base far exceeds any I have ever witnessed firsthand.Have you ever feel like you dont lnow everything you should know by now?
Sometimes i do, i dont know if it is my memory or its just me but i feel kinda dumb sometimes
How can i deal with it?
We take a walk through his study. Thousands of books on Torah interpretation. He says to me "every day that goes by, I realize I know less and less. That makes me thirst for knowledge even more. It is a hunger that will never go away."
Not dumb. At the start of each day, you are at the precipice of learning something great. Keep expanding your knowledge base and your patients will benefit from that commitment.
The further you get in your career the more you will realize how little you actually know. Even with evidence-based medicine, the actual practice of medicine is often clear as mud.
This is very common though your peers may not admit it. The key is to not let it paralyze you moving forward. Even once you are fully trained, board certified, and credentialed by a hospital that feels you are competent to be released upon the public, there are times where you question your ability and knowledge. Knowing that you don't know something makes you a much safer doctor than not realizing you don't know.Have you ever feel like you dont lnow everything you should know by now?
Sometimes i do, i dont know if it is my memory or its just me but i feel kinda dumb sometimes
How can i deal with it?
What's especially concerning is that while we continuously question our own decision-making and knowledge base, those "providers" with far inferior training seemingly never question theirs.
What's especially concerning is that while we continuously question our own decision-making and knowledge base, those "providers" with far inferior training seemingly never question theirs.
They don't have a strong enough knowledge base to understand how lacking their knowledge base is.
This phrase is the very reason that independent midlevels are so dangerous. They don't realize how much they don't know, so they think they know far more than they do. Feeling stupid every now and then as a physician is actually a good thing, as it is an acknowledgment of your limits.I think it was Plato who said when talking about Socrates, "the more I know, the more I realize I know nothing."
6
673441
Me too bro, me too. July 2016 was a wake up call for me, a point in my life when I realized just how stupid I really am. I wake up every morning and remind myself of this. I have three print outs of my Step 1 score report. One on the ceiling above my bed to see when I first wake up. One on my bathroom mirror. A third on the door to my room to see before I leave in the morning. Mediocrity is a hard pill to swallow.
I guess my point is, OP, you are not dumb. There will always be stupider people in the world (i.e.: myself) that you can fall back on. Hold your held up. Study hard for Step 1 and get a solid score, no PD will ever questions your intellect with a high score.
I just binge-read all of your posts. Anyways, thanks for the laugh lmao...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My biggest issue is being presented with a question and feeling dumbfounded but when the explanation is given, I realize I had to knowledgebase to reason it out...almost like I forgot that I intuitively knew it...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 6K