Feik School of Pharmacy - Incarnate Word

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayNoza

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I noticed there hasn’t been a thread for this school this is year. I have an interview coming up next week and I was curious to find out who else has interviewed here and if you can give me and others some words of advice or maybe things to be cautious of.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize, I posted this in the wrong section. If possible can someone move this to the correct location.

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to pharmacy school - specific discussion

Also, this may help give you guidance after you use the sdn “search” tab to see if the school has recently been mentioned:

Which to choose: UT Tyler or UIW Feik?
I did search, but that thread is asking which would one choose between the two. Nothing about interviews or prior students. I’ve been keeping an eye on it , but no activity.

I did search, but that thread is asking which would one choose between the two. Nothing about interviews or prior students. I’ve been keeping an eye on it , but no activity.
I had my interview today. I’m pretty sure we were in the same group.

Hello everyone! I am applying to this school, do you guys mind sharing your stats? I am not sure about my chances I have 2.8 Pharmcas GPA and 2.6sGPA and 64th on the PCAT but (95th on chem) and 3 years of research. What are my chances? Thanks...

Nice, how do you think it went for you?
What group were you in?
I was in group A, what about you? I feel that it went pretty well, the Alzheimer’s question kind of threw me off but it was pretty decent overall.

Hello everyone! I am applying to this school, do you guys mind sharing your stats? I am not sure about my chances I have 2.8 Pharmcas GPA and 2.6sGPA and 64th on the PCAT but (95th on chem) and 3 years of research. What are my chances? Thanks...
I believe they look at the composite score more than each individual sub tests. Overall I don’t know how your GPA will play in this. You could end up being invited for an interview! Don’t give up, if not this time, increase your GPA and I’m sure you’ll get in somewhere, have you applied to any other schools yet?

I was in group A, what about you? I feel that it went pretty well, the Alzheimer’s question kind of threw me off but it was pretty decent overall.
Lol same! That question kind of got me as well. I did my best though so that’s all that matters.

I was in the same group.

Reactions: 1 user
Pharmcas gpa is not always correct, so I would probably double check it your self.

You have a good pcat score and your research experience is great as well.

You never know, just don’t give up.

Lol same! That question kind of got me as well. I did my best though so that’s all that matters.

I was in the same group.
Haha yeah it was pretty tricky. I’ve never really experienced that situation, so trying to play it out was somewhat a challenge.

I believe they look at the composite score more than each individual sub tests. Overall I don’t know how your GPA will play in this. You could end up being invited for an interview! Don’t give up, if not this time, increase your GPA and I’m sure you’ll get in somewhere, have you applied to any other schools yet?
yes,q I did, I applied to MWU both the one in AZ and Chicago. I was invited to an interview with the one in Arizona and I am waiting for the other school. Hopefully, I get accepted to one of them. Now I am about to apply for this school as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmcas gpa is not always correct, so I would probably double check it your self.

You have a good pcat score and your research experience is great as well.

You never know, just don’t give up.
Thank you very much... I won't give up I already got one interview with one school and waiting for the other one. I just was not sure about my chances at this school, but I hope I get accepted.

Just got accepted, have you guys heard anything yet?

Awesome! Congratulations!

I was accepted as well! Are you going to accept the offer?

So I am going for an interview in couple weeks.. How did yall prepare for it?

I used practice mmi questions that I found online. There’s 6 stations total, 4 MMI, 2 traditional questions. It was pretty easy, just be confident and comfortable and you’ll be fine. Good luck!

Thank you so much!
What is your plan for the tuition if you end up going to UIW pharmacy school?
I think the tuition is 39000 per year. I am little concerned with the tuition but we will see.
I used practice mmi questions that I found online. There’s 6 stations total, 4 MMI, 2 traditional questions. It was pretty easy, just be confident and comfortable and you’ll be fine. Good luck!

Thank you so much!
What is your plan for the tuition if you end up going to UIW pharmacy school?
I think the tuition is 39000 per year. I am little concerned with the tuition but we will see.
It depends, Ive applied to other schools as well, like UH and A&M, if those don’t work out then I guess I’ll end up going to UIW. The tuition is what’s really stopping me from going to UIW, other than that, I really liked the school, it felt homey. What other schools have you applied to?

Everything billy said is what I did as well. Make sure you are familiar with the format and look and be professional.

Be your self and I’m sure you’ll be fine.

What time does interview finish?

What time does interview finish?
Make sure you eat something before you go in because, boy was I hungry during my interview hahahaah, and yeah what Jay said, we were there from 8-3, so try wearing some comfortable dress shoes.

Everything billy said is what I did as well. Make sure you are familiar with the format and look and be professional.

Be your self and I’m sure you’ll be fine.
Thank you so much for your advise! I hope the interview goes smoothly.

Thank you so much for your advise! I hope the interview goes smoothly.
You’ll be fine! Just practice some role play scenarios because that’s how UIW’s interview is laid out. Good luck!

What are the options for apartment near school?

They said a bunch of apartment companies will be there for jump start. So I’m sure we’ll learn more.

I just got my interview offer. How did yall prepare for the interview?

how long did it take for you to hear back from UIW after submitting your application?
My supplemental application for UIW completed and confirmed on Feb 22. Four days after that, I got my interview offer.

how long did it take for you to hear back from UIW after submitting your application?
You’ll hear back pretty quick, I heard back the next day after I had submitted my app. Likewise for A&M. Still debating which school to pick. What drew you guys into picking UIW as one of your choices?

Is it true that UIW basically accepts anyone? I know people who had extremely low PCAT scores and still got accepted

My supplemental application for UIW completed and confirmed on Feb 22. Four days after that, I got my interview offer.
was your application in pharmCAS considered "Complete" and awaiting verification or was it already verified & then 4 days later you received your interview offer?
sorry for all the questions, pharmCAS lost one of my transcripts and now my application was pushed back, so I am just trying to get a time-frame.

I just got accepted to A&M as well, so I don’t which school to pick just yet. Is UIW the only school you’ve applied to?
No! I got accepted to three different schools plus UIW. But I dont know where you heard UIW accepts anyone. Is that true?

No! I got accepted to three different schools plus UIW. But I dont know where you heard UIW accepts anyone. Is that true?
I’ve heard it being a diploma mill. Since it’s so expensive not a lot people go to it. I don’t think you need such high stats to get in. I could be wrong, but I’m leaning more towards A&M since it’s cheaper and more reputable. Could someone help us??

was your application in pharmCAS considered "Complete" and awaiting verification or was it already verified & then 4 days later you received your interview offer?
sorry for all the questions, pharmCAS lost one of my transcripts and now my application was pushed back, so I am just trying to get a time-frame.
Your application will be complete once pharmcas receives everything. You’ll see “verified” once pharmcas has received that item such as transcripts and LOR. Send your transcript ASAP so you don’t miss an interview, I don’t know how many interviews there are left but once you see that pharmcas has received everything, give UIW a call.

Your application will be complete once pharmcas receives everything. You’ll see “verified” once pharmcas has received that item such as transcripts and LOR. Send your transcript ASAP so you don’t miss an interview, I don’t know how many interviews there are left but once you see that pharmcas has received everything, give UIW a call.
all of my transcripts & letters of recommendation are in. they said that it has to undergo verification but my pharmCAS says "Complete" on the check status tab. I completed my UIW supplemental application last Monday & sent my observations hours form to them as well.
so I should call UIW to confirm everything is there?
(thanks for your help)

all of my transcripts & letters of recommendation are in. they said that it has to undergo verification but my pharmCAS says "Complete" on the check status tab. I completed my UIW supplemental application last Monday & sent my observations hours form to them as well.
so I should call UIW to confirm everything is there?
(thanks for your help)
I would say call pharmcas first so they can verify your stuff if it hasn’t already, afterwards call UIW. I just found out UIW extended their application deadline to May 1st so I’m pretty sure you’ll have enough time to land an interview. Let me know if you needed anything else!

For the one who is planning to go to Feik School of Pharmacy! what made yall decide to go to private school among other public schools in Texas?

I would say call pharmcas first so they can verify your stuff if it hasn’t already, afterwards call UIW. I just found out UIW extended their application deadline to May 1st so I’m pretty sure you’ll have enough time to land an interview. Let me know if you needed anything else!
thank you so much for your help. my application was verified yesterday & I received an email this morning from UIW saying my application is currently under review.