Fellows Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLCpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What a great invitation by Wright medical. It's interesting what courses are offered to the orthopedic fellows and the courses offered to the podiatry fellows. Hahaha!!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215-114651.png
    Screenshot_20201215-114651.png
    346.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I can do 3 lapidus in the time it will take me to beam a charcot foot and fuse the subtalar joint. maybe throw on a frame if needed.

The charcot case will pay about 1.5 lapidus. The charcot case will go onto a below the knee amputation within a year and the patient will blame me.

The lapidus will go on with a happy bunion free life and send me their friends as referrals.

Diabetic care sucks. Let them have it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will be happy to refer all my symptomatic diabetic neuropathic patients to the neuropathic reconstruction fellow.
Yes, but I'm glad that focus exists for ortho too, lol. They will realize how crazy it is to treat DM bi and trimalls.

You would be surprised how many hospitals have ortho take 95% of the non-DM ankle fx (since podiatry wouldn't be able to handle that)... yet podiatry gets the majority of that same ER's diabetic ankle fx (since "podiatry does most of the diabetic stuff").

I am fine doing the DM salvage and trauma, but to act like it's not much harder than non-neuropathy pts with the same injuries is hilarious.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, but I'm glad that focus exists for ortho too, lol. They will realize how crazy it is to treat DM bi and trimalls.

You would be surprised how many hospitals have ortho take 95% of the non-DM ankle fx (since podiatry wouldn't be able to handle that)... yet podiatry gets the majority of that same ER's diabetic ankle fx (since "podiatry does most of the diabetic stuff").

I am fine doing the DM salvage and trauma, but to act like it's not much harder than non-neuropathy pts with the same injuries is hilarious.

Nailed it. The straight forwards ankles go to ortho in my hospital but if the patient is diabetic, elderly, hep c positive, has AIDs or the ankle is completely jacked up they will put on my schedule. Happens all the time.

And no offense but ortho does need a course in diabetic foot and ankle pathology because they suck at it. If I see one more displaced diabetic ankle fracture ORIF with one tight rope or a fibular nail with one syndesmotic screw fixation and there is no syndesmosis ladder it will fail. See it all the time. I feel like I am on crazy pills

Reactions: 3 users