All Branch Topic (ABT) Fellowship ADSC after USUHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M-tab

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been searching the forum, but haven't been able to actually find an answer to this.

My understanding of the ADSC incurred after fellowship was year for year (consecutive) following AD and Civilian deferred fellowship and 2 years for 1 year (consecutive) following Civilian sponsored fellowship.

I remember being told at USUHS that our 7 year ADSC may cover additional training since the ADSC incurred from GME would be concurrent with previously owed ADSC.

Can anyone who has done a fellowship with a 7 year ADSC hanging over their head enlighten me? I would love to get a fellowship under my belt without the additional ADSC.

Members don't see this ad.

Fellowship commitment is consecutive to USUHS commitment.

The only time it's concurrent is if you have a pre-existing MSP (now changed to RP) contract.

PGG is spot on!

I was reading the most updated instructions recently and the way it is now written basically says that med school commitment is not paid off during times of GME training. The obligation for GME is paid off concurrently with the med school commitment.

It reads differently than what I remember in the past where there was verbiage about intern year being neutral, etc. I didn't have the old one to compare unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app