Fellowship July start with COVID

Started by Rez87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rez87

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I am due to start a cardiac imaging fellowship in July, however I'm not sure I will be able to make it over with the current pandemic situation as I am coming from Australia, and there are significant travel restrictions.

Understandably it is a very difficult and stressful time, but has anyone heard if fellowships will commence as usual, or are people getting re-deployed to other departments? Is anyone in a similar situation and would programs be likely to delay commencement dates in view of this situation?

Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
 
My fellowship assures is we will be starting on time and without any changes to our roles/redeployment/expectations
 
Only speculating, but I would wager that by that time it shouldn’t be a big issue for you, especially being in an “essential” role as a physician. Only exception I could see is if you were going to NYC...