Fellowship question for those who know (ie Ca-1-3)

Started by Tollway
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tollway

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I will be a CA-1 come July, and I was wondering how competitive it is for various fellowships. As I prepare to take Step 3, I am sort of in my stress mode. I am worried about getting a good grade on Step 3 when applying for fellowships. What are the various "competiveness" of fellowships right now or what you are hearing. I am thinking about Pain Management, or even something else. Haven't decided for sure yet. Can anyone offer ANY insight who KNOWS?? Thanks alot fellers 😎


Tollway
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok. Tenesma- my real question was about fellowships and their competitiveness.
 
Tollway, getting a fellowship right now is not too competitive. Right now the money is just too good to pass up.

The better programs (Texas Tech for pain, etc.) are competitive in and of themselves but I am not aware of them placing any emphasis on board scores. Your clinical performance in residency and letters of recommendation will carry much more weight.

As an example to the competitiveness or lack thereof at this time, one of our CA-3's decided very, VERY late that she wanted to do a pedi fellowship. She applied in October and got accepted to three northeast programs (Harvard, Wash U, and ???).

Don't stress over that.