Fellowship SFMatch due date for reference letters/application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TJ1010F

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The SFmatch time table says:

Wednesday, July 22, 2020
CAS Target Date
  • This is the Target Date for applicants to complete the requirements for application distribution.
  • This is NOT a deadline. Some programs accept applications at any time; others may set a deadline. It is the applicant's responsibility to contact training programs for individual deadline dates.

I am hoping to be able to give my letter writers a conservative estimate of when the letters should be in by. Does any program actually have a deadline of July 22nd? Or they actually all in Sept or latter? It seems like if the ability to register on SFmatch only opens up July 1st it does not give that much time to arrange the letters.

Members don't see this ad.

It's definitely program dependent. When you get into SF Match, you'll see some programs enter in their due date either on SF Match or on their fellowship website. Fellowship interviews are generally sent out from early August to late October (slightly earlier than residency interviews on average). I would ask your letter writers now and tell them they will receive an e-mail from SF Match in early July on how to upload their letters.