Fellowships that work with Olympic/professional athletes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

executivewaffle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading about sports medicine on Med School Insiders, and there's a part that says some fellowships allow you to work with Olympic and professional athletes. How do you know which fellowships have this connection? I'm having a hard time finding it explicitly mentioned on various institutional websites.

Members don't see this ad.

Many sports fellowships have exposure to one or the other (Olympic or professional sports), but I think it is important to note that the higher level the athlete is the less direct care you will likely get as a fellow. Granted there may be some exceptions to this, many of the fellowships I interviewed at the case was what I just mentioned. Though you may get the coverage exposure to these elite athletes, your primary exposures will likely be places where you have more autonomy, such as club sports collegiate sports or high school football teams.

If you want to take care of professional athletes/Olympic athletes in the future, pursuing a fellowship that gives you a ton of hands-on experience will help prepare you for the big leagues when you are finished with your training, IMO.

Reactions: 3 users
They generally mention it directly on their fellowship website.