Felony and Misdemeanor Convictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmsomoo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, hope you're all doing well! I was curious to get some insight and maybe relieve some stress and anxiety from overthinking about my situation.

Back in November 2019, i was charged with a felony for having a controlled substance . It was acquitted in court. Ive been trying to expunge it but the clerk office has been closed for so long now. What had happened was a traffic stop turned into the cop seeing a prescription bottle where my name had been faded off since i got the label wet. He took me in for one damn pill.... I ended up getting a lawyer and all charges were dropped since i was able to present a written prescription from my doctor.

my question is, when filling out the application do i have to state that? even though i wasn't convicted. Im just so worried this is going to ruin dentistry for me.

thank you for taking the time to read this, i truly appreciate your feedbacks!

Members don't see this ad.

What state do you live in where a first offense with possession of one pill of anything is a felony? If it charges were dropped then what exactly are you trying to get expunged?

What state do you live in where a first offense with possession of one pill of anything is a felony? If it charges were dropped then what exactly are you trying to get expunged?
i live in Skokie, Illinois.
thats what i said to the officer! im like yeah its my medication my hands get wet sometimes when i grab a water bottle and try to open the bottle.
Literally it was 1 pill. Im trying to get my arrest expunged. Lawyer advised me to do it because the arrest shows up on a background check i guess. When i tried to apply for a part time job, they denied me over it. Thats why im like worried lol

Members don't see this ad :)
should confirm with lawyer whether you need to state it or not. I think you may only need to list convictions. Read the fine print on the AADSAS application and double check. to be safe (and maybe avoid paying legal fees), you could choose to discuss it and explain the situation like you did here. if that's all that happened I don't think that would prevent you from getting admission

Reactions: 1 user
hello everyone, hope you're all doing well! I was curious to get some insight and maybe relieve some stress and anxiety from overthinking about my situation.

Back in November 2019, i was charged with a felony for having a controlled substance . It was acquitted in court. Ive been trying to expunge it but the clerk office has been closed for so long now. What had happened was a traffic stop turned into the cop seeing a prescription bottle where my name had been faded off since i got the label wet. He took me in for one damn pill.... I ended up getting a lawyer and all charges were dropped since i was able to present a written prescription from my doctor.

my question is, when filling out the application do i have to state that? even though i wasn't convicted. Im just so worried this is going to ruin dentistry for me.

thank you for taking the time to read this, i truly appreciate your feedbacks!
Why did you say convictions if you weren’t convicted?

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.