ferralis notes anki cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsrsrsrsrs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've downloaded the Ferralis anki cards via bootcamp and there are 2300+ cards, is this the correct one?
also, I want to review these cards by each chapter of Cliff's BIO, is that possible?
how do you take full advantage of using Anki cards...?
This seems very complicated for such a simple flash card app
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anki is tough to figure out and it is tough to learn to figure out.

Feralis notes are plenty to have and I don't recommend more than that anyways.

The 2300+ card one sounds right, especially if you got it off the bootcamp website.

I feel like those flash cards helped me significantly in my studies, good luck.

I've downloaded the Ferralis anki cards via bootcamp and there are 2300+ cards, is this the correct one?
also, I want to review these cards by each chapter of Cliff's BIO, is that possible?
how do you take full advantage of using Anki cards...?
This seems very complicated for such a simple flash card app
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You import the deck then hit "browse" in the top three menu bar. Delete everything up until you get to the section you want (obviously tough if you haven't gone through the cards once already and know what card relates to which section) then you start. Custom Study each time you run out to increase your count of new cards

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been using Anki for years to learn Japanese and in my pre-dental classes, especially anything that requires heavy memorization. It's widely used in medical and dental schools at this point, and I intend on using it there too. That is the correct deck if you get it from bootcamp. It's a bit tougher to grasp than plain paper cards, but is vastly more powerful because it schedules cards to show you based on how well you know the information on the cards (if you get a fact wrong often, you see it more often and vice versa). The more you prove to Anki that you have memorized a fact, the less often you will see that fact. This means, for a a 6000 card deck for example, you may only need to review 150-200 cards from it a day while still being fairly confident that you know the other thousands in the deck. In short, time saved over the long term = more efficient studying.

Figure out when you are taking the DAT. Ideally, I would finish seeing new material deck about a month before your test date. Calculate how many new cards you need to see per day to achieve this. As you add new cards each day you will also be reviewing old cards you added in previous days. This deck is not meant for cramming, but long term memorization. After you finish adding new cards, you continue reviewing the deck daily as part of your studying up until the day you take the DAT. It will automatically pick cards to show you each day (the ones you mostly likely to about to forget). Since you are not learning new material, this should not take very long each day.

If you've never used Anki before I recommend watching the intro videos that will orient you to the program. It's more complex than Notepad but less so than Photoshop.
http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#intro-videos

Reactions: 1 users
thanks for your responses
BUT I still don't know how to sort the cards to individual chapters
What I want to do is, for example, I finished reading chapter 3, and want to review cards only related to chapter 3.
Is this possible or are all the cards randomly put into the deck?

thanks for your responses
BUT I still don't know how to sort the cards to individual chapters
What I want to do is, for example, I finished reading chapter 3, and want to review cards only related to chapter 3.
Is this possible or are all the cards randomly put into the deck?

There are in order, however, Feralis isn't an exact copy of Cliff's scheme. Very close, but you'll get info that isn't included in Cliffs.

If you want Cliffs strictly, use this anki set: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Anki/Dat Cliff Bio.anki

Both anki sets (feralis, cliffs) are organized in ORDER. You need to delete all the cards prior to the chapter you want to study. You do that by importing >> browse >> then click the deck name and delete cards until you know where chapter X is.

Feralis anki cards are GREAT. I'm doing a 3 month study plan and did 100 review and 40 new EVERYDAY to finish roughly 1.5 months in and until test day, I'm just reviewing about 90 a day since I have cards for DAT destroyer Bio, GC, OC. If something didn't make sense while doing the cards, I refer back to cliffs or Feralis notes to understand what was written bc sometimes when you don't write something, (hence these flashcards), it's hard to understand what some info means. I didn't need to refer re-study cliffs or feralis much after going through these flashcards since these already had all/most feralis and cliffs in it. Just my 2 cent