Few questions regarding SN2ed schedule.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goddammitphysics

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. On day 1, the schedule says to 1/3 of the Review Passages and 1/3 of the Practice Exam, which is both in my textbook. For the Review passages in my textbook, there are 3 passages and several "questions not based on a descriptive passage". So, that means I do passage 1, but do I do the other miscellaneous questions? In the schedule, there is an example that that says "Review Passages #1, 2, 3: Do First 1/3: Review Passage #1", but it does not state what to do with the "questions not based on a descriptive passage".

2. For verbal passages, would you recommend doing EK101 first or TPRH Verbal first? I know you alternate, but is it beneficial to start off the first day with one over the other?

3. For verbal passages, I'm assuming you review the answers the next day (excluding break days) in a similar vein to the sciences. Is this correct?

4. How do you match up EK Biology content with TBR Biology practice? I noticed the schedule has something regarding this in the FAQ, but it does not list the editions used. My edition of EK Biology is 7th and my edition of TBR Biology is unknown (seems to be from 2010). Would using the pairs in the FAQ be more than enough regardless of edition?

5. I know this is a long stretch, but does there seem to be any matches for TBR/EK Biology content with their corresponding EK 1001s?

Thank you in advance!
Any answers to any questions greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

1) Just do 1/3 of the discretes as well.

2) Many people rotate, as I did in the beginning. I would recommend doing Ek101 first for a few reasons. There is more practice material available, so think as TPRH as precious material. Also, I found that doing EK101 helped me understand/score higher on TPRH but not vice-versa. The general consensus is that TPRH is most AAMC representative, so save it for last!

3) That is correct. But unless I was really exhausted, I would review my answers the same day --both for verbal and non-verbal.

4) Well editions do not change greatly. They should match up. Very generally speaking, the first half of EK bio is found in book II of TBR while second half of EK bio is found in bookI. Match up as close as you can.

5) Here is a nice thread that shows topics with EK 1001s, including bio: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ek-1001-matched-to-tbr-how-to-supplement-ek-bio.1021208/

Hope that helps! Also don't be afraid to experiment with the schedule. Tailor it to your own needs and don't get bogged down with specific details. Everyone is different :) Happy studying.