Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so did ya get any info in the mail about the interview.. from what i see, we're doing a computer-skills test and an essay writing, and then the interview??

so we're supposed to show up at 7:45am, do essay first, and then do computer test or watevr till our interview. or do test after interview. and then leave ?? why till 2:00?? cuz the test is 9-12 right??

anybody done w/interview this friday, plz tell us how it went-- so i don't look completely lost??

thanks in advance:)

The spontaneous writing sample is from 8-9. Then the interview/computer test starts at 9.

The test takes at least 45 min. to complete. Therefore, if you interview early (10:30 or earlier), it's suggested you take the test after your interview. If you're interviewing later, then it's suggested you take the test early. This way, you'll be done by, or before, 12 pm.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, I am set up for the 14th also.
UTSA I dont know if I can meet up yet, cause I am coming from dallas, and I dont know what time I am leaving yet. I have class on thurs until 10 pm, then I can figure out what time I want to leave.

ps: no phone call for me, only an email dated 3/5.

I'm also set up for the 14th. I don't think I can meet up either. I'm coming from houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I just got my postcard in the mail yesterday but no email =/. I sent an email pretty much immediately after I found out I was supposed to get one, so hopefully I get a response today. If not, maybe I'll call Monday?

Just got back from my interview...everything when smooth not to stressful and interviewers were laid back. I got there at 7:30 and left at 11:30. Just to clear up some confusion everyone meets at 8 for writing sample then depending on what time your interview is set you can either start on your critical thinking skills test or get fitted for scrubs and take picture. They said they received about 400 applications about 220 interviews and 100 acceptances so we have about 45% chance of getting in. And they said they would send out (acceptance, rejection, and waiting list) letters on May 1st. Hope info helps. Good luck to all!

Just got back from my interview...everything when smooth not to stressful and interviewers were laid back. I got there at 7:30 and left at 11:30. Just to clear up some confusion everyone meets at 8 for writing sample then depending on what time your interview is set you can either start on your critical thinking skills test or get fitted for scrubs and take picture. They said they received about 400 applications about 220 interviews and 100 acceptances so we have about 45% chance of getting in. And they said they would send out (acceptance, rejection, and waiting list) letters on May 1st. Hope info helps. Good luck to all!

Thanks for the info PharmDGuty! Was it a 1 on 1 interview?

Thanks from me as well for the information. May 1st? I'm glad I'm not interviewing until Mar 28...less time to wait!

What were the female interviewees wearing? Mostly pantsuits or skirts and jackets? What about colors? I know Texas tends to be more laid-back than other places but I'm guessing that Pharm School interviewing is an exception to that. Thanks in advance for any information.

so where do we meet once we get there? and the writing is 30 min. im guessing? was it pharm-related? then the skills test, like over math or one of those mind-game test like disagree, agree, strongly disagree... or there's actual right answers to the questions?? and um how long was the interview?? was it over basic questions like the ones found on sdn database? just want to be prepared.. thanks!

What were the female interviewees wearing? Mostly pantsuits or skirts and jackets? What about colors? I know Texas tends to be more laid-back than other places but I'm guessing that Pharm School interviewing is an exception to that. Thanks in advance for any information.

I haven't had my interview just yet. But for my other two, I wore a white collar button-down shirt with a skirt and a matching jacket.

I also havent interviewed at UIW yet, but for my other interview I wore a pant suit (because it was cold) but either a pant or skirt suit is fine (as long as it isnt too short/tight).

as far as colors, most students seem to wear darker colors, but I dont think it matters that much.

can anyone please share info on critical thinking exam?
what to expect, dont need specifics, just a general idea.
is it like an IQ test? does it have specific questions on topics like math science history?
or is it something cool like a game of checkers? j/k

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone please share info on critical thinking exam?
what to expect, dont need specifics, just a general idea.
is it like an IQ test? does it have specific questions on topics like math science history?
or is it something cool like a game of checkers? j/k

Its nothing you could study for but most are related to health care. On some you have to choose between two of the best answers only one being correct. Overall I thought test wasn't to bad. Although some people I spoke to thought otherwise.

Hey PharmDGuty,

What time was your interview and how long was it? They gave you scenario-based questions too, right (how many?) and the computer test, was it like "choose the best answer?" When will we get the "magic letter?"

thanks

Hey PharmDGuty,

What time was your interview and how long was it? They gave you scenario-based questions too, right (how many?) and the computer test, was it like "choose the best answer?" When will we get the "magic letter?"

thanks

it was at 9 and lasted about 20 minutes. There was 33 questions on critical thinking test

hey guys... (this is my first post) i have an interview at UIW March 7th. for those of you who had an interview last friday, how many students showed up?

hey guys... (this is my first post) i have an interview at UIW March 7th. for those of you who had an interview last friday, how many students showed up?

hey you know March 7th was LAST FRIDAY RIGHT? I was there for the March 7th interview and there was about 50 students I think...

oops sorry I meant March 14. my nerves are already getting to me. lol

I forgot to ask - is the essay question component computer or pen?

Does anyone know if there will be any interview dates after the 28th? or is the 28th the last one?!?

hey you know March 7th was LAST FRIDAY RIGHT? I was there for the March 7th interview and there was about 50 students I think...

There were 50 other people interviewing that day?? omg wow. Is that even possible? How many ppl will this school invite to interview?

pusher, is it 250 interviews, or 220, that's what PharmD, put earlier?

where did you get this info?

pusher, is it 250 interviews, or 220, that's what PharmD, put earlier?

where did you get this info?

I interviewed on March 7th, and we were told there were 220 interviews. They're accepting 100.

so i called UIW, and the lady i talked to said i should get it in an hour, its been 3 hours so far :(. although she did ask what day i preferred. guess i'll call again and have them send it to my school email this time =/

hey Cat, what day are you picking?

for the people that have interviews this friday, 14th, where are you coming from?

I am coming from dallas.

Has anyone interviewed anywhere else yet? It just seems like UIW is so disorganized. We didnt get our emails on time, not everyone got a phone call, and some still dont have their email. I interviewed @ Kingsville on Thursday and they just seemed more on the ball with the whole process.

hey rxdoctor, i'm actually live here in san antonio. are you coming late thursday or early friday morning?

I am back and forth with emails to my professor, cause I am supposed to have a test in my Thurs night class. But I would like to leave, so that I can get a few hours of sleep before the interview. I am sure he will change out the dates for me, So I am thinking Ill get there late thurs night, about 11 or so.

lol,
has anyone else noticed that the thread title has been spelled wrong for the last month..
"FEIK" not "Fiek"

oh well...

i signed up for the 28th. I was supposed to go on a cruise (that I already paid for) leaving on the 28th with all my cousins and friends, and was so excited!! I wish they had later dates! ahhhhhh :rolleyes::(

I'm going on the 28th. I'm coming from the DFW area also :)

My interview is on the 14th. I'm coming from austin on Thursday night because I don't think I can wake up early Friday morning to drive down there. What about everyone else?

i'm leaving from wichita falls thurs so hopefully i will get to look for the school and find the interview place at night..

signed up for the 28th as well...comin from Florida....seems like most of these interviewers are residents ;)

lol,
has anyone else noticed that the thread title has been spelled wrong for the last month..
"FEIK" not "Fiek"

oh well...

Yeah I noticed after I started the post I'm sure the ADCOMs wouldn't be to happy! :laugh: Sorry about that everyone I was waiting for someone to notice to give my official apology.

so was the interview pretty basic? about how many questions would they ask you?

I have noticed that many people post about P1 students there to help ease the tension and answer questions. Will there be any here? Was the writing topic, something general or specific?

I have noticed that many people post about P1 students there to help ease the tension and answer questions. Will there be any here? Was the writing topic, something general or specific?

I feel like it's an unfair advantage to answer questions such as "Was the writing topic, something general or specific?" There are many other students who go in cold and do perfectly fine. There has been many advices among these threads and they all say the spontaneous writing sample is....spontaneous. You cannot prepare for it. They can ask you anything. Suck it up and do the best you can. They are not judging you by any means. Just another way to "get to know you". You'll be fine.

Has anyone interviewed anywhere else yet? It just seems like UIW is so disorganized. We didnt get our emails on time, not everyone got a phone call, and some still dont have their email. I interviewed @ Kingsville on Thursday and they just seemed more on the ball with the whole process.

The assumption above may be true, but I believe the staff are awesome. They are very prompt to provide me with answers and resolutions when I call them. I was at the school on Friday 3/7 for the interview and the day went smoothly and well organized. Just my opinion :)

Just wanted to wish everyone Good Luck for tomorrow's interview. God Bless.

SM, i did get to town early. so I am here, guess ill call it a night. see you all tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

Yes, I think it was a little unorganized compared to other schools. I interviewed at Tech, and they were more on the ball, but as far as the actual interview goes, I think the day went fairly smoothly. I think the trying on scrubs and taking pictures was a little unnecessary since not all of us are going to get in. Their interview is the shortest- I don't know how they pick the people to be admitted after just a 20 minute interview.

Yes, I think it was a little unorganized compared to other schools. I interviewed at Tech, and they were more on the ball, but as far as the actual interview goes, I think the day went fairly smoothly. I think the trying on scrubs and taking pictures was a little unnecessary since not all of us are going to get in. Their interview is the shortest- I don't know how they pick the people to be admitted after just a 20 minute interview.

Thats exactly what I thought!

I did like both schools Kingsville and UIW but i felt that Kingsville was just better organized. we knew what we were doing and when we were doing it, we weren't just told hey you can do this while your waiting to do this. The staff at UIW was pretty cool. My friend is a P1 there so i knew who the professors were by the way she described them.

Now that we are done with the interview part, all we have to do is wait and see if we get accepted... its funny each milestone I crossed over this past year (pcat, application, interview invitation, interview) all seemed like such a big deal. Now that I am waiting after the whole process is done, it seems like waiting is the biggest deal of all! at least we will know in less than 2 months for UIW, less than a month for kingsville, and im not sure when tech sends out their acceptances (didn't apply there)

If it seemed like was dissing UIW I wasn't I am just word vomiting so that i can look back and see what ya'll thought to see if maybe I am wrong,or to better help me make a decision if by the grace of God I happen to get accepted to both.

Well hope all the interview yesterday went good for everyone! good luck to those going on the 28th :D

I did like both schools Kingsville and UIW but i felt that Kingsville was just better organized. we knew what we were doing and when we were doing it, we weren't just told hey you can do this while your waiting to do this. The staff at UIW was pretty cool. My friend is a P1 there so i knew who the professors were by the way she described them.

Now that we are done with the interview part, all we have to do is wait and see if we get accepted... its funny each milestone I crossed over this past year (pcat, application, interview invitation, interview) all seemed like such a big deal. Now that I am waiting after the whole process is done, it seems like waiting is the biggest deal of all! at least we will know in less than 2 months for UIW, less than a month for kingsville, and im not sure when tech sends out their acceptances (didn't apply there)

If it seemed like was dissing UIW I wasn't I am just word vomiting so that i can look back and see what ya'll thought to see if maybe I am wrong,or to better help me make a decision if by the grace of God I happen to get accepted to both.

Well hope all the interview yesterday went good for everyone! good luck to those going on the 28th :D

thanks for the feedback..how'd you feel about the writing sample and critical skills assessment??