Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Twenty Four .................... 24 more days to go!!

Don't you just love it when friends and family ask... "So, any news yet?"

NO! Not yet! Thanks for reminding me!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are everyones stats?

Ill start if some others wanna chime in, just curious, mine SUCK hahaha just have a ton of Drive to back them..i want this more than anything as im sure most of us do haha..

3.0 cum (130+ credits :(
3.2 math-sci
(although last 60 come out to a 3.58 including Ochem 1-2, bio 2, chem1-2, micro, phys etc)
76 pcat
Certified Tech
Assistant manager for Walgreens
No bachelors, just AA

23........ the agony is unbearable!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

23........ the agony is unbearable!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's not that bad, is it? How long are they making you guys wait? UT made me wait about 60 days for an answer (and I had to email them for it - they never gave me an update through their online application or in the mail).

Knick, congrats to you, by the way.
We have to wait until May 1st, thats when letters go out.
It's right around the corner, but the days seems to going slower...

Yeah, we have to wait almost 2 months as well. I interviewed on March 7th. We get no updates either... :(

I wonder how long they will give us to respond to an acceptance (if fortunate enough to receive one) with a deposit?

Knick, congrats to you, by the way.
We have to wait until May 1st, thats when letters go out.
It's right around the corner, but the days seems to going slower...

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't realize you guys interviewed in early March. Yeah, that is a long wait.

Pharm,
If I rember correctly, I think they said we are gonna have unitl the 9th or the 11th to turn in deposits, and who ever doesnt, they move on to the next on the list. so the good thing if a "rejection" isnt recieved, is that you will know soon after if you are still gonna have a chance.

Hey has anyone had an issue with the physics I and II prereqs. I took mine a few years back and when they offered it the bio majors were required to take the non cal based version (only engineers took cal based). On my pre req sheet it said i needed to fulfill that but i emailed Dicianna two days ago and i got no response. I am thinking about calling unless anyone might have any advice.

Hey has anyone had an issue with the physics I and II prereqs. I took mine a few years back and when they offered it the bio majors were required to take the non cal based version (only engineers took cal based). On my pre req sheet it said i needed to fulfill that but i emailed Dicianna two days ago and i got no response. I am thinking about calling unless anyone might have any advice.

I haven't had a problem with it but I am currently enrolled in engineering physics or cal-based physics, which from what UIW said, it's what they require. I took algebra-based physics about a year ago but according to my pre-req sheet they did not take it. I think its crazy but I guess if thats what they want.. Hope that helps if not I would call UIW.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed and called and havent gotten a response yet. the only thing is i took it when it wasnt a requirement for pharmacy school they just changed it this year, so i am going to try and see what i can do. I would understand if i was just finishing my pre-reqs then applying but I am grad with my BS in bio on may 10... ugh i dunno this is just putting a damper on me at the moment. I have been waitlisted at kingsville ( no idea why) and am just stressing about this now too!

I emailed and called and havent gotten a response yet. the only thing is i took it when it wasnt a requirement for pharmacy school they just changed it this year, so i am going to try and see what i can do. I would understand if i was just finishing my pre-reqs then applying but I am grad with my BS in bio on may 10... ugh i dunno this is just putting a damper on me at the moment. I have been waitlisted at kingsville ( no idea why) and am just stressing about this now too!

Same situation here. I have contacted UIW before I turned in my application. they said I can take the Cal-base physic in the summer if i get in UIW.

same boat here about Physics. I took the General course and they want the specific one. I am going to try and talk to them, but already planning on taking it in summer in case. I dont want to bring anything up, unless I get in then I'll know which way to go.

Same here. I took Physics I and II at UTSA a few years back. I contacted UIW before I submitted my application to make sure the courses I took are acceptable. The committee waived them before I turned in my application (maybe because of other factors on my app, ie. work experience, education). When I received the pre-req sheet, the physics courses were listed as missing so I called them and they corrected it since the courses were waived. They are probably really busy with the ranking/decisions. I'd wait til Monday, if you don't hear anything, I'd email Liz.

did you apply this year? if so then that kind of makes me feel a little better.. my friend is a P1 there and she took the same physics i did so i dont see why they would waive yours, hers and not waive mine.. i got an email back from dicianna today saying i would hear something in a few weeks from the committee board. When you got your answer did they call, send a letter? or did you have to contact them again?

Nice meeting some of you out there today...so glad to be home though...now its time for the freakin wait.....haha good luck everyone!

Hey There- did you have a better trip home than getting there? I was stuck at LAX for 8 hours because of a problem with the plane. There was a leak in a fuel line and it had to be fixed. Everyone was pretty laid back about the delay and it was actually kind of fun. My two kids were with me and they made friends with some other kids there so they were all kept busy. It sure made for an extremely long day since we didn't land in Hawaii until 2 am Texas time and we left San Antonio at 5:45 am.

All of you on the mainland will probably get your letters before anything arrives out here. So I'll have some extra days to wait. It's not even halfway through April yet....I'm glad I didn't interview until the end - otherwise it would be an even longer wait!

did you apply this year? if so then that kind of makes me feel a little better.. my friend is a P1 there and she took the same physics i did so i dont see why they would waive yours, hers and not waive mine.. i got an email back from dicianna today saying i would hear something in a few weeks from the committee board. When you got your answer did they call, send a letter? or did you have to contact them again?
yes, apply this year (first time) and waiting for that letter =)
It took about a month to hear back from them, but that was during Christmas. Kristin called me with the committee decision. They should waive yours too since you have a BS. I also got my BS in Bio from UTSA.

yes, apply this year (first time) and waiting for that letter =)
It took about a month to hear back from them, but that was during Christmas. Kristin called me with the committee decision. They should waive yours too since you have a BS. I also got my BS in Bio from UTSA.

OMG thanx so much for telling me that! i was freaking out about having to find money to take 5 more classes ( i still have to take stats over the summer if im accepted). I already used my financial aid for the year. I was stressing bad about that ever since i found out it might be a problem.

When did you grad from UTSA?

I found out I had to take Stat when they called me in January. Even though I took Calculus, I am taking Stat online through SAC. I was lucky to find out a few days before Spring classes begin. Graduated cum laude from UTSA in 2002. Got my MS in Bio in 2006. I have been working in research lab ever since, but I was getting bored.

I found out I had to take Stat when they called me in January. Even though I took Calculus, I am taking Stat online through SAC. I was lucky to find out a few days before Spring classes begin. Graduated cum laude from UTSA in 2002. Got my MS in Bio in 2006. I have been working in research lab ever since, but I was getting bored.

Ah ok well that is cool! I'll get my bs in may :D wooohooo :D

hey people! how many applicants were there this year? how many are they going to accept?

I want to say there was around 400 applications.. but dont quote me on that :D

:( I have a problem with the physic class I took too. This one, I took it at UT and it's the exact course that all pre-pharmacy students had to take. Anyone here take that physic 302 from UT?

Se7enteen .....17!!!!!!

ok sdn, i have a situation, plz help out!

today at my current school, we're beginning registration for the summer. I still need to complete A&P I & II and Philosophy if I get in. Problem is that I'll be graduating next month. So technically I'm not admitted at my school anymore once I graduate.

However, I can apply for Post Bacc. But only after the admissions receive my spring transcript. I finish the spring semester May 9th and graduation is on the 10th.

Now the double slammer: What if my classes get filled by the time May 1st comes around???? You see, I have to wait for this letter, and IF i got in, then I can register..... gosh everything's all IFFY... some advice plz?

do I go ahead and cancel graduation?

Can you take these classes at a community college? If you can, then you should still graduate.

the community college does not offer Philosophy though. :idea:

my route would be sign up at CC for A-P, for summer 1, A-P 2 for summer 2, then look again for PHIL classes, intro, ethics I am sure some class is there.
then by the time you graduate, you can send the papers for summer 2 at your current school, and take it then. this way you are still taking classes and getting the work done.

this is all in hopes that they send out the letters May 1st, and we know something fast. An email might speed things up, but if it's post, then we dont know for a few more days after...

i say we all head out there and just sit on the front steps of the school until they give us their decision hahaha...

i say we all head out there and just sit on the front steps of the school until they give us their decision hahaha...

tell me when you plan on doing this, I can literally walk to the school.... haha

I'll bring refreshments!

Sixteen more long days to go.....

I'm so excited to receive our letter! I'm really looking forward to going to UIW if I get accepted! May 1st is sooooooo near!

haha yep..its CREEPING up..haha but its gettin here...i dont think ive ever been so impatient with something in my life hahaha

torkey, you forgot to say 14......

it's close enough to go out and wipe down the mail box, cause we are going to start staring at it pretty close...

I'm going to come around at 12:00am and be the first to say 13!

THIRT33N MORE DAYS..... D-DAY LOOMS CLOSER!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

torkey, you forgot to say 14......

it's close enough to go out and wipe down the mail box, cause we are going to start staring at it pretty close...

I'm out here in Hawaii...it can sometimes take a week for mail to get from San Antonio to here (my family is there). So I'm going to be staring at my mailbox after all of you have gotten something from the school! I can't remember when a month has seemed to go by so slowly.

T-MINUS 10 DAYS TO GO TILL NOTIFICATION...... ANYBODY ELSE STARTING TO WORRY DOWN THE HOME STRECTH???????????:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

YOU FREAKIN CHEATED!!!! it is NOT midnight there!!! haha...but YESSSSSSSS 10 more days finally....its comin, and yes, im worried as hell lol.....this countdown almost reminds me of the 12 days of christmas lol.... 10 techs a countin....

are ya excited, scared, or worried? are those last two basically the same? ha i dunno anymore. I was excited, then scared, and now I'm worried. :laugh:

How Ironic, 9 days to go, and this is how the song goes...

on the 9th day of Christmas.
Nine Ladies Dancing
The nine Fruit of the Holy Spirit: 1) love, 2) joy, 3) peace,

4)patience, 5) kindness,
6) generosity, 7) faithfulness, 8) gentleness, and 9) self-control.

how many of you have any #4 left????