Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the post office is playing a mean game with me! I live in SA why haven't I gotten my letter yet!

don't worry! It depends where in san antonio you live. If you don't receive it today, then you will receive it tomorrow for sure.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry! It depends where in san antonio you live. If you don't receive it today, then you will receive it tomorrow for sure.
Good luck!

I hope so! I hope the mail man did not loose it!!!!!!!!!

I'm IN :)
Congrats to everyone and I'll see u at the orientation!

yes, I live in San Antonio =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that has gotten in so far!

WOW! Congrats! Congrats!
I just wish I have the darn letter in my hand right now so I can focus on my finals! AAAH! I hope they have my address right. jeez! :laugh:

I got my letter today, in Houston. I am going to declining my offer though because I'm still deciding between UH and A & M. Good luck to everyone.

only like 12 or so hours till the mail is here lol

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhh...thats about as hopeful as me thinking MAYBE they're gonna run the mail this sunday hahahaha....

That makes two of us hoping for Sunday mail delivery! I'm hoping the post office sends mail around on planes on Sundays because then maybe my letter might move closer to me on Sunday. I'm taking calculus this term (since I originally took it decades ago :)) and the final is next week on Monday and Wednesday. Kind of hard to focus right now. Have a great weekend - maybe you'll get your letter tomorrow since someone in Houston got theirs today. (and maybe pigs will fly, right?)

That makes two of us hoping for Sunday mail delivery! I'm hoping the post office sends mail around on planes on Sundays because then maybe my letter might move closer to me on Sunday. I'm taking calculus this term (since I originally took it decades ago :)) and the final is next week on Monday and Wednesday. Kind of hard to focus right now. Have a great weekend - maybe you'll get your letter tomorrow since someone in Houston got theirs today. (and maybe pigs will fly, right?)

Haha thanks, good luck on your finals! And congrats to all those accepted!

i have to wait for 4 more hours till the mailman comes to the house; if it doesnt come, then ill have to wait till monday. no sunday delivery here!
good luck to everyone else! this is exciting!!!!!

Sorry I took so long, had to work all evening yesterday, and then dinner with the family and friends, to celebrate me getting in to Pharmacy school!!

I got in!! got the letter friday afternoon.

I am coming from Dallas. Congrats to everyone that getting accepted! will see you guys in August!!

If anyone needs info, PM me, and I will be more than glad to help.

Sorry I took so long, had to work all evening yesterday, and then dinner with the family and friends, to celebrate me getting in to Pharmacy school!!

I got in!! got the letter friday afternoon.

I am coming from Dallas. Congrats to everyone that getting accepted! will see you guys in August!!

If anyone needs info, PM me, and I will be more than glad to help.

Congrats!!! Congrats to you too PrePharmSATX! See you in August! :D

My deposit has already been dropped in the mail! Haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to those who got in!

I got wait-listed i.e. not good enough.

I wish ya'll the best of luck next year, I really wish i could have been part of the class.

wait listed does not mean NO, you could be the 101th spot, and on the 13th, you could be the first to get a call. dont let go yet, there is still hope for you yet. phamttu, is declining, and that could be your seat!! the battle is not over yet, dont loose faith!!

I got wait listed too but I'm gonna go to A&M so its okay... I guess I have to move from SA :mad:

I wish ya'll the best of luck next year, I really wish i could have been part of the class.

I'm Sorry to hear that :( But like Rxdoc says, you never know..waitlisted is better than a decline....My stats are WAY lower than yours...and I dont have a bachelors, so i'm betting ill be in the same boat with you if not declined.....best of luck to you, its not over yet ;)

man! i havent received my letter yet! what's going on??? did they really have my address wrong or something?? they're making me wait like crazy here!!! should i call the school monday?!

so are the acceptance letters big packets or normal looking letters? I dont wanna have a heart attack when I open up my mailbox haha

eggroll,
dont worry yet, still too early. as long as you dont have a rejection letter, you are fine right now. the post office can be a little slow, believe it or not...

torkey,
just a regular envelope, no fancy decorations or a music card..(that would be awesome!!)

and if eggroll's makes it to florida, cause it got stuck to yours, open it, and tell her if she got in...

to tell you the truth, I was nauseous when I got the letter. I hesitated to open it at first, but then I knew I would eventually want to know, and I wont tell you the exact words but I got in...
trust me, I have a stack of rejection letters and that is the only one in the accepted pile..

The letter is just in a regular envelope. There will be a lot of declines to UIW because students have already been accepted else where and have committed. I know of at least 4 already. Good luck to you guys, I'm sure you will get good news soon. Did they give you a ranking yet on where you are on the wait list? We're all pulling for you! :luck:

I can also feel you guys because I am currently "tabled" at the University of Houston. I interviewed with them April 11, and now I am waiting to hear back on where I am on the wait list... boo.

the wait is unbearable! utsatwirler, i'm surprise you got waitlisted. I saw your post in the waitlist thread and your gpa/pcat seems more than good enough. I am in the odds here because my PCAT score is extremely low, and my interview was with Dr Grandberry and it went by so fast, I feel like I did not impress him at all. If you get waitlisted, then I think I will get reject for sure. This is so depressing.
I'm wondering, since they only select 250 for the interview, that means they're ok with your gpa/pcat right? And what's left is if you blow them away in the interview?
sigh..for those who got in, can you list your gpa/pcat score and interview experience?
my mail hasnt come yet...even though I know it will be a rejection anyway :( But hopefully I will get waitlisted.

You never know!! my GPA and PCAT are definitely below par too. I felt I had a good interview, but Im so nervous as to whats going to happen. Keep the faith, at least til you get your letter, you could be stressin over nothing! Where are you from? Best of Luck!

to tell you the truth, I was nauseous when I got the letter. I hesitated to open it at first, but then I knew I would eventually want to know, and I wont tell you the exact words but I got in...
trust me, I have a stack of rejection letters and that is the only one in the accepted pile..

Im in this category too...i applied to 12 schools this year...got 5 interviews, 2 waitlists and the rest rejections...UIW is probably my last hope...but great job overcoming the odds and workin hard and gettin it done!

I am from Arlington, Texas...around the DFW area.
My final exams are next week, and I can't concentrate at all. This is killing me! Unlike you, my interview did not went well at all. It lasted around 12 minutes or so...sigh.
Best of luck to everybody though! And congratulations to everyone who got in!

I dont even know if length of interview matters....I dont even think my interviewers were on the admissions board..I think they have like a scoring sheet and they come up with a score based on your answers...i could be wrong though...

From Arlington here too. So I got a letter in the mail today....letting me know i need to pay the City of Arlington $75 for running a red light a few weeks back. woops.

Still haven't gotten anything from UIW yet. so anxious for it. gonna be hard to concentrate on finals this week

I got in!!!! I can not decide between TSU and UIW. I prefer UIW, but it is way too expensive. anyone knows if we can get financial aid from UIW?

I got in!!!! I can not decide between TSU and UIW. I prefer UIW, but it is way too expensive. anyone knows if we can get financial aid from UIW?

since it is not accredited yet... you have to take out private loans.

jeez...are you following me around or something? I saw you at TSU and we BOTH got into TSU AND UIW. haha what are the chances of that? well I'm sticking to UIW so hope to see you next fall if you decide to come!

I checked my mail continuously for 3 days now, no word! I guess we just have to wait until Monday.
This really sucks, even though i'm sure it's a rejection letter, i want it now so i can get it over and done with and study for my finals! ahhhh!

best of luck to you too!

Who had Dr Granberry for their interview? I want to hear more about your experience with him lol

I had Granberry for one of my pre-pharm classes and he's pretty cool. He seems laid back and what not. But most of my nursing friends have him for pharmacology and they all say he's difficult so... I don't know

I'm wondering, since they only select 250 for the interview, that means they're ok with your gpa/pcat right? And what's left is if you blow them away in the interview?
sigh..for those who got in, can you list your gpa/pcat score and interview experience?
my mail hasnt come yet...even though I know it will be a rejection anyway :( But hopefully I will get waitlisted.

My gpa/pcat was sub-par as well. I think I got in because of my interview. I basically closed the deal with my interview, at least that's how i felt. I'm also a re-applicant so I already had an idea of what they wanted or what I had to do to get in. Good luck to you and everyone else on the waiting list. I know a few people on the waiting list who got in last year. This year, it'll be the same. So no worries!

I found I got in too, but I will be going to Tech so here's another open spot!

Hey Everyone - The USPS does odd things. I'm in Hawaii and I got an acceptance letter today (Saturday)! It was postmarked May 1st. This is so awesome...don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't do things! Best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard anything yet. I can tell you one thing - I'm going to raise the average age of the class by several years :)

I can't say too much more now b/c I promised my son I'd take him to the beach :D Bye.

Absolute NONSENSE! Yes you can get financial aid. Federal sub and unsub. I have never taken a private loan.

Guys, dont give up. Some of my classmates were waitlisted, its not the end, it could just be a delay. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Hope to see you all in the fall.

Hey Everyone - The USPS does odd things. I'm in Hawaii and I got an acceptance letter today (Saturday)! It was postmarked May 1st. This is so awesome...don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't do things! Best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard anything yet. I can tell you one thing - I'm going to raise the average age of the class by several years :)

I can't say too much more now b/c I promised my son I'd take him to the beach :D Bye.

WOW!!!!! Thats great!! I cant believe you got your letter already! haha Congrats!!!!

My gpa/pcat was sub-par as well. I think I got in because of my interview. I basically closed the deal with my interview, at least that's how i felt. I'm also a re-applicant so I already had an idea of what they wanted or what I had to do to get in. Good luck to you and everyone else on the waiting list. I know a few people on the waiting list who got in last year. This year, it'll be the same. So no worries!

Hahaha the interview is what i'm hoping on...it ended up lasting almost 45 minutes with us just talking and laughin and carryin on, the interviewers were GREAT! however I dont think Dr. Dicianna or Mrs. Mitchell are on the admissions board which kinda scares me, but I guess we shall see lol. Good luck to everyone else still waiting and congrats to all those accepted. To those on the waitlist, dont give up yet!!!!

Hahaha the interview is what i'm hoping on...it ended up lasting almost 45 minutes with us just talking and laughin and carryin on, the interviewers were GREAT! however I dont think Dr. Dicianna or Mrs. Mitchell are on the admissions board which kinda scares me, but I guess we shall see lol. Good luck to everyone else still waiting and congrats to all those accepted. To those on the waitlist, dont give up yet!!!!

They are on the adcom.

Don't think of being wait listed as a death sentence. The last two years they went pretty deep into the wait list. There was even one guy that got the call on Wednesday of the orientation week. Keep your spirits up and if you don't get in you can call them or drop by and find out what area you were deficient in. This will show the office of student affairs that you are not going to let this brick wall stand in your way.

Hey guys for those of you are on the wait list - don't give up. It's not over yet. And for those of you who were rejected, if pharmacy is truly the career you desire then continue to work hard. I have received rejection letters in the past but I never gave up and thankfully the Lord opened the door for me this year. And don't compare yourself to others, don't worry about GPA or PCAT. The committee looks at everyone individually. Rather than compare yourself ask instead how can I improve. Good luck everyone! If anyone needs help please feel free to contact me. ^_^

Accreditation has nothing to do with loans. You just can't get Pell Grants because it is professional school. You will most likely have to apply for Grad Plus loans, which are not automatically given. You have to talk with the financial aid office (and I recommend doing this as early as possible) and they will help you out.

45 minutes? are you serious??? that's a LONG time!
the most I ever heard was 20 minutes
Mine last around 12 minutes... I think i'm going to cry now.... sigh >_<

again, length isn't the important part, its the impression you left on them and how they saw you as a candidate, you could have given better answers in 12 mins than I did in more...i may just ramble ;) haha I'm sure you did fine!! Good luck!

again, length isn't the important part, its the impression you left on them and how they saw you as a candidate, you could have given better answers in 12 mins than I did in more...i may just ramble ;) haha I'm sure you did fine!! Good luck!

I completely agree with you on the interview. What I believe is that your stats get you an interview, after that itw how you present yourself that counts the most. One thing I hear faculty saying they like to see is how bad a student wants it, show them that your dedicated to making it through the program and to being a pharmacist. Negative things that I have heard is that some students are too arogant during their interviews. Anyway its over now, you all have done your best. Just have to wait and see if you get pulled off the waitlist. As others have said, keep things positive, even if you dont get pulled, use this experience to make yourself an even better candidate next year. If you want it, dont give up until you get it.