Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tues., Wed., Thurs.,! Tues., Wed., Thurs.!, Tues., Wed., Thurs.!, Tues., Wed., Thurs.! Seriously this was what I was thinking all day!

Members don't see this ad.

haha an email would be a Godsend lol....eggroll get ready to scratch a day off that list lol...next few days are gonna draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag on lol...good thing im workin ;)

Since i am planning to apply for Fall 2009 i have a quick question abt pre-requisites!!!

I will be completing my degree by spring 2009, and i saw in their website that if you have a degree you can get exempt from taking all the pre-requisites...i wont hv my degree completed when i am applying(fall 08) but it will be complete by the time i start pharmacy school..does that make me exempt from taking the pre-requisites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since i am planning to apply for Fall 2009 i have a quick question abt pre-requisites!!!

I will be completing my degree by spring 2009, and i saw in their website that if you have a degree you can get exempt from taking all the pre-requisites...i wont hv my degree completed when i am applying(fall 08) but it will be complete by the time i start pharmacy school..does that make me exempt from taking the pre-requisites?

It only applies to core pre reqs like history, art, things like that

You have to take all the science prereqs though (micro and lab, org I and II with lab, stats, all that stuff) they will not waive that! Also if you havent taken physics yet, make sure you take calculus based physics not algebra based physics. If you have already taken algebra based physics then after you apply you need to talk to admissions about getting those courses counted as taken rather than needed

Hope that helps :D

its official.....2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only applies to core pre reqs like history, art, things like that

You have to take all the science prereqs though (micro and lab, org I and II with lab, stats, all that stuff) they will not waive that! Also if you havent taken physics yet, make sure you take calculus based physics not algebra based physics. If you have already taken algebra based physics then after you apply you need to talk to admissions about getting those courses counted as taken rather than needed

Hope that helps :D

Thank u soo much utsatwirler....ya i do hv all the science pre-reqs...n' thnx for mentioning abt physics..i never knw tht they prefre calculus based!!!

4 more days!!!!!!!!! I anyone have an address in texas I can have them send the letter to?? haha

I thought about changing my address from Hawaii to my parent's address in San Antonio so the letter would arrive right away. But I decided against it because if it's bad news, I'd rather be the first to read it. Of course, I really would rather not read bad news at all :)

So I hear that pharmacy students cannot wear jeans to class at UIW! Some part of the dress code...!

What more do you all know about the dress code? Women can wear pants, I hope.

Yeah dress pants and a blouse or skirts. Guys shirt and tie. :)

Scrubs occasionally if you have lab I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please!

My friend goes there, it is business professional and you can only wear scrubs twice a week

Yeah dress pants and a blouse or skirts. Guys shirt and tie. :)

Scrubs occasionally if you have lab I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please!

yay today is officially over! and then we would wait just one more day!!! you know what would suck is getting the letter late a day or two! man i have a huge biochem test over 8 chapters and a project due on thursday! i also have an art test and a research paper due friday! it's so hard to concentrate! next week is finals and then im graduating!!!!!!!!! hurry thurs!

My friend goes there, it is business professional and you can only wear scrubs twice a week

Actually, you wear scrubs on any lab day which varies depending on year/semester. P1 year, you have lab 3 days a week the entire year. So, ultimately you have to dress up 2 days a week your first year.

Actually, you wear scrubs on any lab day which varies depending on year/semester. P1 year, you have lab 3 days a week the entire year. So, ultimately you have to dress up 2 days a week your first year.

sorry I had my days backwards :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am really hoping they get mailed out early tomorrow that way i can find out on thursday instead of friday!

....you know what would suck is getting the letter late a day or two! !

I would be in deep......well u get the picture....im PRAYING they're sent out thurs, or emailed, if not wednesday lol

only one more day to go! :D

UGHHHHHHHH this wait is agony! when it was a month to go it wasn't so bad, but know since we are one day away, its really setting in! Blah!

I know, hopefully they'll go out tomorrow and get here by tues or wednesday...so much for takin my last final today...had a shooting on campus at like 115 this morn and school is locked down for the rest of the day...now i have an extra week to study lol...Good luck everyone, next few days are what we've all been waiting for! =)

WOW! Is everyone ok?? That is so intense! Glad you are ok!

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I know, hopefully they'll go out tomorrow and get here by tues or wednesday...so much for takin my last final today...had a shooting on campus at like 115 this morn and school is locked down for the rest of the day...now i have an extra week to study lol...Good luck everyone, next few days are what we've all been waiting for! =)

Are you at that school in Florida?

I wonder if the number of college shootings has gone up or if it is the same as it has been for a while. I get the feeling that it is just the media trying to scare everyone.

I recall one year when they made it sound like sharks had suddenly gone crazy and were attacking humans at record levels. In reality, the number of attacks was the same as every other year. Major media outlets usually ignore most shark attacks, but they focused on them that year for some strange reason.

Are you at that school in Florida?

I wonder if the number of college shootings has gone up or if it is the same as it has been for a while. I get the feeling that it is just the media trying to scare everyone.

I recall one year when they made it sound like sharks had suddenly gone crazy and were attacking humans at record levels. In reality, the number of attacks was the same as every other year. Major media outlets usually ignore most shark attacks, but they focused on them that year for some strange reason.

Yeah, In Boca Raton...it kinda sucks, i was lookin forward to bein done today haha...now I gotta stress out and wait for that letter and continue to stress about my stupid physics 2 final lol.....South Florida is such a crap hole...i've been down here for only 10 months and its been rediculous....theres this shooting, a break in down the street, and also like 3 or 4 weeks ago, when I was locking up my walgreens, literally like right after I left, someone backed their truck up to the front of my store, broke open the doors, tied a strap around our ATM, and then to the back of their truck and gave it a yank...i was pissed having to be there at 4 in the morn to clean their crap up....I'm just glad they waited for me to leave ;) lol I'm so ready to move to San Antonio!!!!!!!! lol...

Yeah, In Boca Raton...it kinda sucks, i was lookin forward to bein done today haha...now I gotta stress out and wait for that letter and continue to stress about my stupid physics 2 final lol.....South Florida is such a crap hole...i've been down here for only 10 months and its been rediculous....theres this shooting, a break in down the street, and also like 3 or 4 weeks ago, when I was locking up my walgreens, literally like right after I left, someone backed their truck up to the front of my store, broke open the doors, tied a strap around our ATM, and then to the back of their truck and gave it a yank...i was pissed having to be there at 4 in the morn to clean their crap up....I'm just glad they waited for me to leave ;) lol I'm so ready to move to San Antonio!!!!!!!! lol...

OMG that is so crazy, you definitely need to get into UIW so you can get away from there :D

Our letters are being sent in the mail today! yipes!!!!!! lol! Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone! Today is the big day it looks like. :)

Congrats!! Did you get your letter in the mail??

I just called the school, they were mailed out yesterday!!!! so we all should get them by tomorrow,well san antonians at least! LX do you go to UIW right now? maybe thats why you got your letter so quick!

I just called the school, they were mailed out yesterday!!!! so we all should get them by tomorrow,well san antonians at least! LX do you go to UIW right now? maybe thats why you got your letter so quick!

yeah i currently attend uiw :)

Congrats on the being the first to post the great news, I hope we have something to share soon too..

until manana!!

Congrats, and good luck to everyone else...hopefully Ill know by monday, but expect to see some good postings on here tomorrow from everyone :) Theres more than enough room for all us SDN'ers to get in :) Good luck!!! and congrats lxapillpusher!

CONGRATS PILLPUSHER! :thumbup: :D

Congratulations to those that got in and good luck to those waiting on their letters! If you don't get in or you are put on the wait list, don't despair. If you are on the wait list, they usually go into the list and if you didn't get in, contact someone to ask what area(s) you need to work on. This will show you are truly interested and want to improve. Just don't give up. Brick walls are put in place to see just how much you want what's on the other side.

Class of 2011
Feik School of Pharmacy

Oh, I know I am going to get the letter tomorrow in the mail! Its agony!!!!!!!!!! I actually called the mail office figured out where Incarnate Word's mail got sent out to.. and asked them if i could pick my letter up............ Of course they would not let me, but that is about how bad I want that letter right now!!!!!!!!!

I think you and I have a little bit of a wait haha ;)

You're right about that! Maybe they did an earlier mailing of letters going to the coasts and points further west...ha ha:)

You're right about that! Maybe they did an earlier mailing of letters going to the coasts and points further west...ha ha:)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhh...thats about as hopeful as me thinking MAYBE they're gonna run the mail this sunday hahahaha....

Oh, I know I am going to get the letter tomorrow in the mail! Its agony!!!!!!!!!! I actually called the mail office figured out where Incarnate Word's mail got sent out to.. and asked them if i could pick my letter up............ Of course they would not let me, but that is about how bad I want that letter right now!!!!!!!!!

hahaha you're as bad as I am, but dont worry, i'm sure your letter will be a good one!! ;)

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a post box and my letter arrived this morning!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!!! I'll see you at orientation then :)

I can't believe orientation is the whole week! I was planning to go on a vacation right before school started. Have you already mailed in your deposit? I think I'm going to drop it off in person.

I can't believe orientation is the whole week! I was planning to go on a vacation right before school started. Have you already mailed in your deposit? I think I'm going to drop it off in person.

Congrats!! Just curious, how are the stats of those accepted??

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a post box and my letter arrived this morning!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!! Do you live in SA?

I am currently hanging out at my mailbox with my laptop.... this might be a long wait for me :D lol

the post office is playing a mean game with me! I live in SA why haven't I gotten my letter yet!

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got my letter today!!!

I'm in Houston!

the post office is playing a mean game with me! I live in SA why haven't I gotten my letter yet!

I also live in SA and didn't get anything, maybe tomorrow?

Congrats!!!!!! Do you live in SA?

I am currently hanging out at my mailbox with my laptop.... this might be a long wait for me :D lol

yeah