Fight For The Profession: Tres, By Jet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mountaindew2006 said:
I dont understand what your problem is. ...
.........
If your opinion differs, then SHUT THE F up and dont post s hit on the thread in question. I dont get what's soo hard about that? .......are also interseted in this cause but i guess are 'afraid' of your belittling and antagonistic behavior. If you truly are an attending....learn to respect others and not jump to name calling and 'let me fire on them' attitude 😎

MS Dew,

The problem here is not a difference of opinion. Differences in opinion are ok. Jet and I and others have differences in opinion....and that's that....we agree to differ and that is the end of it.

You, however, have misrepresented yourself here. You LIED about who you are.

You pretended to have more experience than you have.

You are spouting opinion based on an imaginary persona's experience.

That is your problem.

That is why you're getting crap.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
militarymd said:
-Pretending to be an attending.
-significant experience managing a business.


Hold up there big guy.

1) Show me ONE PLACE where I said I was an ATTENDING. YOU MADE THAT INFERENCE. I could be a resident now couldnt I? Look again, I never claimed to an attending (which I am NOT).

2)Managing a business....well unfortunately you are incorect yet again as I DID INDEED manage/own one.

Seems like you have jumped to conclusions and about #1.
 
militarymd said:
MS Dew,

The problem here is not a difference of opinion. Differences in opinion are ok. Jet and I and others have differences in opinion....and that's that....we agree to differ and that is the end of it.

You, however, have misrepresented yourself here. You LIED about who you are.

You pretended to have more experience than you have.

You are spouting opinion based on an imaginary persona's experience.

That is your problem.

That is why you're getting crap.

I stand by my words.
 
Posted this on the wrong thread I think. Will just copy and paste here.

As an aside, I think this may have been the thread where zippy asked questions/made comments in reference to 'the bell curve', although he failed to cite his source. I am not going to go back and read all the old posts to find out exactly what was said, but my recollection is that both Mil and Zippy had their feet in their mouths. For one of them this is not unusual, for the other it was surprising. Even now, the comments and much of the ensuing discussion truly embarasses me. I like to think that as physicians we are well informed - broadly. Of course, we will still disagree regarding medicine, business politics, religion etc but I like to think that we are, generally, intellectuals. So I will simply say this - Zippy, if your question wasn't in fact rhetorical, the answer/s is/are easy to find. The bell curve was quickly dismissed by academics, so I suggest you look into why that's the case - that is, if you really want to know the answer. To everyone reading, I'll point at that, as many of you know, there are in fact some major metropolitan areas in this country where things are so far from "black and white" I think some of you would be really be shocked if you tried to practice there while applying some of the biases you so firmly believe in.
 
MDEntropy said:
Posted this on the wrong thread I think. Will just copy and paste here.

As an aside, I think this may have been the thread where zippy asked questions/made comments in reference to 'the bell curve', although he failed to cite his source. I am not going to go back and read all the old posts to find out exactly what was said, but my recollection is that both Mil and Zippy had their feet in their mouths. For one of them this is not unusual, for the other it was surprising. Even now, the comments and much of the ensuing discussion truly embarasses me. I like to think that as physicians we are well informed - broadly. Of course, we will still disagree regarding medicine, business politics, religion etc but I like to think that we are, generally, intellectuals. So I will simply say this - Zippy, if your question wasn't in fact rhetorical, the answer/s is/are easy to find. The bell curve was quickly dismissed by academics, so I suggest you look into why that's the case - that is, if you really want to know the answer. To everyone reading, I'll point at that, as many of you know, there are in fact some major metropolitan areas in this country where things are so far from "black and white" I think some of you would be really be shocked if you tried to practice there while applying some of the biases you so firmly believe in.

entropy,
Tell us about yourself. I've asked before about your experiences, but you just disappeared. Makes me wonder about your background.

You sound like an intellect.....,so let's hear about your training, experiences, etc.
 
militarymd said:
entropy,
Tell us about yourself. I've asked before about your experiences, but you just disappeared. Makes me wonder about your background.

You sound like an intellect.....,so let's hear about your training, experiences, etc.

Ohh yeah....management experience too...lets hear it.

Manager of a business...partner in an anesthesia group....prof somewhere...owner of small business?????
 
Entropy. sure the Bell Curve book published in 1994 has its academic critics but has not been dismissed by many people in academics. For a fair treatment of the subject go to Wikipedia and look up "Bell Curve". Regards, ---Zippy
 
jetproppilot said:
Havent seen alot of jewish racism in my time...quite the contrary...probably half of my med school class was jewish....

I'd go so far to say they are one of the superior groups..dont agree?

Have you ever seen a jewish person on medicaid? :laugh:

I'm catholic, by the way.


I dont have time tonite to read any of this drivel.. I gotta make a few trades, I am on call tomorrow, maybe ill add some stuff on friday.

Miltary MD you (racist, homophobe), that hypotensive lady is prob bleeding internally. i would call the gynecologist immediately so HE could evaluate before she went down the tubes. Dont waste time trying to figure it out on your own he has to know in a timely fashion.. This could also be a respiratory event. Hypoxia will do wild stuff to hemodynamics.. Once you get the patient oxugen its amazing how fast the hemodynamics stabilizes. Check the abc's then hemoglobin and go from there.
 
davvid2700 said:
I dont have time tonite to read any of this drivel.. I gotta make a few trades, I am on call tomorrow, maybe ill add some stuff on friday.

Miltary MD you (racist, homophobe), that hypotensive lady is prob bleeding internally. i would call the gynecologist immediately so HE could evaluate before she went down the tubes. Dont waste time trying to figure it out on your own he has to know in a timely fashion.. This could also be a respiratory event. Hypoxia will do wild stuff to hemodynamics.. Once you get the patient oxugen its amazing how fast the hemodynamics stabilizes. Check the abc's then hemoglobin and go from there.

uhhhhh....

HUH?
 
mountaindew2006 said:
Hold up there big guy.

1) Show me ONE PLACE where I said I was an ATTENDING. YOU MADE THAT INFERENCE. I could be a resident now couldnt I? Look again, I never claimed to an attending (which I am NOT).

2)Managing a business....well unfortunately you are incorect yet again as I DID INDEED manage/own one.

Seems like you have jumped to conclusions and about #1.


I stand by my words...SHOW me ONE place where I said I was an attending. Go ahead, I'm waiting. Dont put words into my mouth.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
schutzhund said:
As a mid-level to physician convert, I can tell you two things for certain. 1) Yes, the CRNAs, NPs and midwives (etc.) really do think that they are completely capable of practicing "medicine" and they have been actively (and successfully) pursuing this. 2) Their education is nothing like yours. It's tempting (especially for students or junior residents) to give too much credit for the education of the mid-levels. I can assure you that the difference is truly like day and night.

I have serious concerns about the effect of the mid-levels on the future of medicine .

I just want to say (why I dont know, I don't even belong in here, sorry guys!) that I agree with this 100%, I worked as a nurse for 8 years before going to medical school and I worked with tons of NP's - they don't konw half of what docs konw, and yet they consistently think they are the doc - its very scary and I've seen a lot of problems occur because of midlevel prescribing.

Just for an example - I had a pt. on mellaril that was ordered thorazine by an NP- she went into hypertensive crisis and nearly died ON MY SHIFT - needless to say the NP was fired and was reported, but the point is, you are all docs for a reason, your education and training is in no way comparable to what an NP receives. (half of the BSN is freakin theory!) Anyway, I just wanted to throw that in there from another perspective although I realize I'm not speaking from an anesthesiology point of view, and I was, *just a nurse* but I'm proud to say I knew to take the proper road into prescribing/practicing 🙂
 
militarymd said:
-Pretending to be an attending.
-significant experience managing a business.
I looked at your link. I still did not see the words that indicated I was an ATTENDING.

"us" refers to attendings/residents of anesthesia.

Please, find where I explicitly stated I was an attending. Or else take your words back.
 
militarymd said:
-Pretending to be an attending.
-significant experience managing a business.
I looked at your link. I still did not see the words that indicated I was an ATTENDING.

"us" refers to attendings/residents/students of anesthesia. That aside...residents are pretty much 'anesthesiologists' for all practical purposes in trying to collaborate on this effort. Residnets are the future of anesthesia and the maintainence of this profession.

Please, find where I explicitly stated I was an attending. Or else take your words back.


As the viewers of this thread and this forum can see. Both DAVVID and I have been expressing/pushing our beliefs because of CRNAs/NPs like CYNDEE who think they are the $hit. CYNDEE is visible proof of the type of militancy that must be thwarted!

Guys, step it up. paraprofessionals like CYNDEE are out of control. The younger generation of anesthesiologists/anes residents/students must keep these CRNAs in check.
 
mountaindew2006 said:
I looked at your link. I still did not see the words that indicated I was an ATTENDING.

"us" refers to attendings/residents of anesthesia.

Please, find where I explicitly stated I was an attending. Or else take your words back.

Dude, why don't you just come out and tell everyone that you are a 4th year med student? In 9/2004 and 10/2004 you have posts in your history in which you explicitly state that you are an M3. By my calculations that would make you an M4 right now....unless you were lying last year when you claimed to be an M3. So were you lying then, or now? This post makes it sound like you are trying to pass yourself off as an anesthesia resident. What's the deal?