You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Figs in hot water
Started by owlegrad
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Looks like they took the video down
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't get the joke. The female doctor is a dummy?
Yeah, it's weird, right? Like that is their target market they are making fun of, right? Is it supposed to be a joke? If so is the joke "look at the stupid woman"? Even at a conceptual level it is hard to get past.
I actually think the ad is more stupid than insulting but holy moly are they getting crap for it on social media. Apparently this isn't the first time the company has been in hot water for misguided advertisement so maybe this is some kind of attempt to get free advertising?
Is there a video that works?
Click the link; it works on YouTube.Is there a video that works?
When I first saw the title of this post, I assumed it was about some at-home science project I had never heard of...
Is there a video that works?
Does the video I posted not work? It works for me.
I see a clip of a black screen for 25 seconds when I try to play your link.Does the video I posted not work? It works for me.
Is there a video that works?
If you have an adblocker, its possible your computer is considering the embedded player as an ad and may need to turn it off for youtube.I see a clip of a black screen for 25 seconds when I try to play your link.
If you are using chrome, you may need to disable the hardware accelerated video decode.
If you are using mobile, try just restarting your phone.
If nothing works, try using a different web browser. This is actually a common problem
You can also try watching it on Youtube.
What's figs?
They're a company that makes scrubs, but honestly they're some of the nicest, softest ones and they fit a multitude of shapes (this is coming from a woman who has found it hard to find durable, comfy, not overly tight scrubs).
This is pretty disappointing coming from them though...
Ha good to see that Mr. Owle has some time to spare to knit pick about people getting butt hurt about things!
"How dare you!...Why I never!...How demeaning!...." - what Mr. Owle wants to hear, LOL
"How dare you!...Why I never!...How demeaning!...." - what Mr. Owle wants to hear, LOL
Last edited:
FIGS also caters to another market that was definitely targeted by the ads., the same sorts of people that still buys Nurse Ratched hats. The ad agency did their job properly but it really is a reminder that there are different segments for a market.
D
deleted562805
It reminds me of the recent Gillette commercial targeting men to make fun of. Ad also got a lot of scrutiny for insulting men.Yeah, it's weird, right? Like that is their target market they are making fun of, right? Is it supposed to be a joke? If so is the joke "look at the stupid woman"? Even at a conceptual level it is hard to get past.
I actually think the ad is more stupid than insulting but holy moly are they getting crap for it on social media. Apparently this isn't the first time the company has been in hot water for misguided advertisement so maybe this is some kind of attempt to get free advertising?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought this was a cooking thread for a minute.
What's figs?
Overpriced scrubs. They are really nice though, I own a few pair.
FIGS also caters to another market that was definitely targeted by the ads., the same sorts of people that still buys Nurse Ratched hats. The ad agency did their job properly but it really is a reminder that there are different segments for a market.
I agree, this ad is obviously targeted towards nurses which is a much, much larger market segment than doctors of all genders combined.
I'm sure 99% of the blowback is from <100 female doctors and a bunch of the Twitter "SJW" types. The latter of which will forget about the commercial by Friday.
The ad is stupid and really only concerned about the sexualization of the scrubs that you wear.
However, all of the “offended docs” that are gasping in horror should see what it’s like being a pharmacist. If this ad offends - you would not last more than 2 hours as a pharmacist. At least I know I have thick skin - these crybabies need to learn how to roll with the punches
However, all of the “offended docs” that are gasping in horror should see what it’s like being a pharmacist. If this ad offends - you would not last more than 2 hours as a pharmacist. At least I know I have thick skin - these crybabies need to learn how to roll with the punches
Meh, real docs wear the frumpy OR scrubs
Meh, real docs wear the frumpy OR scrubs
That's what I wear haha. Feels like pajamas.
I wear khakis...... Not much else really
I mean...you’re not wrong.The ad is stupid and really only concerned about the sexualization of the scrubs that you wear.
However, all of the “offended docs” that are gasping in horror should see what it’s like being a pharmacist. If this ad offends - you would not last more than 2 hours as a pharmacist. At least I know I have thick skin - these crybabies need to learn how to roll with the punches
Thanks for posting this! Haha, I had seen something somewhere else on the internet about women doctors offended by Fig scrubs....I didn't have time to figure out the story, but I was imaging actual scrubs with pictures of figs on them, and was confused why women would be so offended by that.
I wonder what it's like to live your life offended by everything
Click the link; it works on YouTube.
When I first saw the title of this post, I assumed it was about some at-home science project I had never heard of...
I thought it was a recipe.
Who actually pays for scrubs?
Real healthcare professionals steal them from the hospital laundry.
Real healthcare professionals steal them from the hospital laundry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Figs strategy was all publicity is good publicity... The thing is, the people I know most offended are women who bought or own figs scrubs. I'm not going to tell people what they can or can not be offended by, but the solution is pretty simple : Just don't buy figs scrubs, and sell the ones you have now. There is Jaaanu, who makes similar looking scrubs. MIM scrubs also are cheaper.
Figs strategy was all publicity is good publicity... The thing is, the people I know most offended are women who bought or own figs scrubs. I'm not going to tell people what they can or can not be offended by, but the solution is pretty simple : Just don't buy figs scrubs, and sell the ones you have now. There is Jaaanu, who makes similar looking scrubs. MIM scrubs also are cheaper.
I'm not a fan of either Jaanu or Figs, they seem to be made for people who are not husky. I'll stick with baggy scrubs from the OR that have been worn thousands of times or Dickies.
we have a dang vending machine now where you have to use your badge to get a pair, then if you don't return they charge you :-( I used to have tons of hospital owned ones until thisWho actually pays for scrubs?
Real healthcare professionals steal them from the hospital laundry.
we have a dang vending machine now where you have to use your badge to get a pair, then if you don't return they charge you :-( I used to have tons of hospital owned ones until this
Yikes. That was on an episode of Scrubs I think.
Luckily, I can just run into the surgeons locker room to grab freshly laundered ones with the excuse that I need one on hand for when I go into the OR to refill their Pyxis overnight.
Really get your hospitals to pay for scrubs... There is a reason why you dont see ER docs, nurses, and staff wearing Suit and dress up..
And Yes, when you criticize the population of your customer publicly, you risk your business going under... I honestly have a better way to spend a 100$, than clothing that are bound to have vomit and urine on.
And Yes, when you criticize the population of your customer publicly, you risk your business going under... I honestly have a better way to spend a 100$, than clothing that are bound to have vomit and urine on.
Really get your hospitals to pay for scrubs... There is a reason why you dont see ER docs, nurses, and staff wearing Suit and dress up..
And Yes, when you criticize the population of your customer publicly, you risk your business going under... I honestly have a better way to spend a 100$, than clothing that are bound to have vomit and urine on.
They cost $100? LoL. I'm still wearing shirts and pants from high school.
They cost $100? LoL. I'm still wearing shirts and pants from high school.
Haha yea dude same here. I wear a pair of shorts about once a week that I got at Structure when I was 16. Does structure even exist anymore?
Structure was the slightly more preppy American eagle of my time.
Haha yea dude same here. I wear a pair of shorts about once a week that I got at Structure when I was 16. Does structure even exist anymore?
Structure was the slightly more preppy American eagle of my time.
Nice! I liked Structure too haha. I think it changed names to Express Men.
They cost $100? LoL. I'm still wearing shirts and pants from high school.
Even cheap scrubs from dickies/Cherokee cost 20$ for shirt and 20-25$ for the pants...
Even cheap scrubs from dickies/Cherokee cost 20$ for shirt and 20-25$ for the pants...
I have two tiers of scrubs. One tier cost less than $20 per pair and come from China. The other tier is literally my pairs from figs. I really like the figs scrubs but other than being higher quality and lasting longer I can’t really say they are any better than the pairs that cost me between 12-16 for the set.
I’m going to buy some scrubs for lounging around the house. I’m going to ask for this for Christmas
Even cheap scrubs from dickies/Cherokee cost 20$ for shirt and 20-25$ for the pants...
$45 for a set of scrubs is cheap? I just use the ones from work for free.
We got a stipend to pay for scrubs - so that was nice - but ya- I love the ones that have been washed a million times. Our backup scrubs are the paper scrubs we give IVC patients - so I always keep a back up pairYikes. That was on an episode of Scrubs I think.
Luckily, I can just run into the surgeons locker room to grab freshly laundered ones with the excuse that I need one on hand for when I go into the OR to refill their Pyxis overnight.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They wash and iron the scrubs that I have paid 0$ for. I dont have time do that if i owned them... Granted I have a couple of back up pairs that are cheap.
Figs has nice scrubs, but no way I am paying that much for stuff with something that will have S4it on them by the end of the day. Now criticizing your customers is never a good thing in a business.
Figs has nice scrubs, but no way I am paying that much for stuff with something that will have S4it on them by the end of the day. Now criticizing your customers is never a good thing in a business.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 537