File to be reviewed by adcom tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at a particular medical school back in February and have been sending them with updates throughout the application cycle. I called the office of admission today and was told by the secretary that my file will be reviewed by the committee tomorrow... I have sent 1 letter of interest, 2 update letters, thank you notes (post-interview) and 1 letter of interest/intent after my interview in February. Now I'm debating whether I should wait for the adcom's decision tomorrow or send one final letter of intent (stating why I love the school and why I'm a perfect fit, etc) today so that it is added to my file before the committee reviews it.

p.s. this school usually waitlists everyone and pulls applicants off the waitlist sometimes hours, days, months after the decision (probably gave the school away right there :laugh:)

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

lol a former president's school perhaps?

No. You've done more than enough. Sending too much can be viewed as desperate. Just relax and wait for the decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm well i don't want to seem desperate! Any thoughts on a post-decision update in the case that I'm waitlisted? Thanks again.

hmm well i don't want to seem desperate! Any thoughts on a post-decision update in the case that I'm waitlisted? Thanks again.
You sent FOUR updates/letters of interest/intent already. I think they get the point, and you probably are already coming across as desperate. Patiently wait for the decision, and know any further "updates" will probably hurt, not help you, unless you win the Nobel prize or cure cancer in the time between now and matriculation.

They already know you would go there if you got in, as you sent in a letter of intent. You can, but I wouldn't do it immediately after (or even at all). Four is already excessive.

You sent FOUR updates/letters of interest/intent already. I think they get the point, and you probably are already coming across as desperate. Patiently wait for the decision, and know any further "updates" will probably hurt, not help you, unless you win the Nobel prize or cure cancer in the time between now and matriculation.

+1

Is there a movie you've been dying to see? A book on your to-read list that you haven't found time for? A particularly attractive destination you've longed to travel to before starting medical school? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, focus on completing that task before you write a FIFTH letter of interest/update letter.

haha alright I had a feeling I would get that response. Thanks for the feedback

Is there a movie you've been dying to see? A book on your to-read list that you haven't found time for? A particularly attractive destination you've longed to travel to before starting medical school? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, focus on completing that task before you write a FIFTH letter of interest/update letter.

:thumbup:

Is this UVM? Just wondering cuz i'm in the same boat.

Be :cool: b****

- Nah for real just take a breath and map out what you would do if each situation arose like you would in poker if your opponent checked/raised to you.

Totally just finished watching Pulp Fiction for like the thousandth time and that one vid with the little kid doing Samuel L. Jackson's speech...too funny

Best of luck to you, definitely update with news

Last edited: