Filling out UCSF Supp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaydewd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I was wondering if anybody was able to actually type on the UCSF supplemental application using their computer. I opened the app in adobe but i can't type in it. I guess the alternative would be to print it out and hand-write it or find a typewriter unless anybody has an easier suggestion??

Thanks -

Members don't see this ad.

kaydewd said:
Hi!
I was wondering if anybody was able to actually type on the UCSF supplemental application using their computer. I opened the app in adobe but i can't type in it. I guess the alternative would be to print it out and hand-write it or find a typewriter unless anybody has an easier suggestion??

Thanks -

if u want to edit it on that PDF file, you need to use regular Adobe Acrobat and not the Adobe Reader. u dunno if you tried this, but maybe Microsoft Word can open the file or there's some conversion software on the Internet that converts it to DOC file, so you edit it using Word?

I filled out most of it by hand because I couldn't figure out how to edit the pdf (since it wasn't made in "form" format) :oops: But I typed up the essays in Word and just printed them out on those last 3 pages. I also typed up extra classes that wouldn't fit onto their course chart pages (not enough lines!). Hopefully that will be fine, as long as one writes neatly ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Adobe acrobat professional last year. There is an option to add text comments in .pdf forms.

Otherwise there are several other ways to do it.
1. handwrite it
2. use a typewriter
3. type answers on word doc and increase the top margin, and print word doc on ucsf's forms. This may require some trial and error to fit it nicely.
4. type answers on word doc, print it, cut it, glue/tape it on the ucsf forms, and photocopy the whole thing. It'll look like it's one form.
5. from adobe acrobat reader, select the entire form with the special copy icon, paste in powerpoint as an image, insert text. The image might lose some resolution, you might have to repeat that page by page too.

good luck :)

Use adobe illustrator.

You could do what I did last year, measure the space on the page from the top and bottom, then write your response in word, w/the appropriate margins and then hand feed your paper. It's a pain, but it looked nice.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll just try using Adobe Professional for now - I much prefer typing over writing!

When I applied, I just handwrote the shorter responses on the actual secondary form, but typed out the longer ones onto a blank page and stapled it to the secondary. Didn't seem to matter too much as I still got in.

Neat handwriting is perfectly acceptable on secondaries. No need to go through the trouble of trying to type on them.