Final Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDude87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for months (since January). I feel confident in my abilities, my test is this Saturday at 8am. "To study or not to study, that is the question" I have mixed feelings about continuing my strenuous study schedule on the day before. Any advice from former test takers if I should stay in game mode or try to let my mind rest? :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to get this cursed exam over with. It's broken me down, and now I'm already second guessing how much work I've put in, and whether it was good enough or not. I don't even care anymore. Just let me get it over with.

Same here. It's taken its toll on me, too. Screw the MCAT!! and the AAMC. I'm taking it saturday,too. Best of luck to you and Doctor Dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I think i'll go over flash cards and go to the gym. With the amount of time ive spent on this theres no possible way an extra day of stress will be beneficial. But then again.....The difference between a 33 and 34 is just 1 point! GAHHH I hate this exam

Do NOT study. In undergrad, I would literally walk to my Ochem exams with books in my hand learning mechanisms five minutes before my test. I studied up until the test and it always worked for me since I got As, so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal if I did it for the MCAT. Bad idea. I studied all day before my exam and when I walked into the test, I had so many random hormones, physics formulas, ochem reactions, etc. jumbled in my head. Also, none of that stuff was even on my exam (0 hormone questions, maybe 1 or 2 physics formulas, no ochem reactions, you get the point). The test doesn't test you on content anymore, so studying the day before is useless. Don't make the same mistake I made. Give your brain a rest. Have tons of sex, play video games, hang out with your homies, and just relax.

I'm doing light review on all science content.. (literally just gonna flip through every page in the book and flashcards/quick sheets)

between kaplan and aamc tests i got a 30 average.. hopefully we all score our average +7 :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who posts a thread titled 'final countdown' without the song linked should have their internet privileges revoked.

lol of course I know it! When i posted the thread last night I was in an MCAT-induced haze. Anyone old enough to take the MCAT should know this song, those that haven't might want to consider an alternative profession. I would count this as life experience

Are we supposed to log into the MCAT website 24 hours beforehand for something? I can't find anything about it.

This is so weird. I feel an urge to study, but I said I wouldn't. How am I going to function after tomorrow?

Do NOT study. In undergrad, I would literally walk to my Ochem exams with books in my hand learning mechanisms five minutes before my test. I studied up until the test and it always worked for me since I got As, so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal if I did it for the MCAT. Bad idea. I studied all day before my exam and when I walked into the test, I had so many random hormones, physics formulas, ochem reactions, etc. jumbled in my head. Also, none of that stuff was even on my exam (0 hormone questions, maybe 1 or 2 physics formulas, no ochem reactions, you get the point). The test doesn't test you on content anymore, so studying the day before is useless. Don't make the same mistake I made. Give your brain a rest. Have tons of sex, play video games, hang out with your homies, and just relax.
i need a SO

That test wasnt as hard as i expected.. some bio passages were like wtf but the questions were pretty straight forward..physical sci had a couple math questions i just marked and came back too and were pretty easy.. verbal is always a toss up for me (could be good or bad), but i think it went well and passages were pretty similar to aamc..

i had time left after each essay that i sat there and smiled with my eyes shut looking at the camera haha (and in my breaks)

We must have.had different tests.because in my PS there was 6 equations I've never seen before in one passage! It was all math :/ sucked big time.

I think I had the same test as you. That passage seemed hard at first, but I found that a lot of the questions could just be answered by looking at units... not allowed to say much more than that.

i know what you're talking about.. haha.. yea some choices were able to be crossed out almost immediately.

Yea, there were definitely a couple I could eliminate with confidence. But Normally math acrobatics is fairly simple to me, too. Idk what happened with that passage. I felt like I could barely get some of those questions down to 3 choices. Let alone 1 or 2. Nerves must have played a role because I saw no clear connections, whatsoever.