1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Final List of Schools - Any Suggestions???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by BalooTheBear, May 14, 2008.

1. Here are my stats and my schools I'm applying to. I'd love to hear any suggestions you guys would have:
    In-state: Illinois
    Cum GPA: 3.51 & Science GPA: 3.23
    DAT: 21TS/21AA/20PAT

UIC (top choice)
    Southern Illinois
    Marquette
    Iowa
    Indiana
    Louisville
    Case Western
    Columbia
    Pittsburgh
    Buffalo
    NYU
    Maryland
    VCU
    UT-Memphis

Any other suggestions? People have told me to apply to Boston/Tufts but I've also heard people say to not apply to schools that I wouldn't want to attend (don't want to attend due to location and costs (tuition and cost of living in boston))

Also, I'm going on vacation for a couple weeks starting this weekend so I might not be able to submit my apps until the first week of June. Would i still be part of the 1st wave of applications?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Predentole

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    We're actually almost in the same stats except your cummulative gpa is a little higher than mine. I was also planning to apply first thing June/last thing May. I think we'll still be considered first wave of applicants... and as long as you get an early application, I think your stats are really good. The only thing that may hold you down a little is your science.

4. DGDDS

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    UT-Memphis takes mostly instate students, and the majority of out of staters are from Arkansas (Tennessee and Arkansas have an agreement). It might help if you're a minority applicant though. Good luck applying!

5. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Why not Cali schools?
    I really don't want to steal this thread, but anyone know UoP tuition for each of the 3 years?

6. DGDDS

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    According to predents.com, the total 3 year tuition is $207,113.

7. KendoMania

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I think it is around $226,600

8. Thanks for the advice. I've also spoken to some of my professors and they said i should go ahead and apply to boston/tufts anyways. i changed up my list a little so here's the ACTUAL final list:

UIC (top choice)
    Southern Illinois
    Marquette
    Iowa
    Indiana
    Louisville
    Case Western
    Pittsburgh
    Buffalo
    NYU
    Maryland
    VCU
    Temple
    Tufts
    Boston

I dont really want to waste money applying to schools like columbia/upenn just because my science GPA is so low.

Thanks again everybody! And if you see something i should change, please let me know!