Final School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackandgold1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm finalizing my school list and would appreciate any input before I add these to my AMCAS, esp from Catalystik!!!

3.91-sgpa 3.86cgpa
30 MCAT
EC: lots of volunteer work, medical mission trip, peer mentoring, leadership positions in clubs, member of greek life sorority--leadership positions as well, one summer of research, 300+hrs medical volunteering, 100+ shadowing, and one or two unique hobbies/ec's.

I am in-state in FL.

Schools:
UCF
UF
USF
FSU
UM
FIU
FAU
Georgetown
GWU
Louisville
Tulane
U of Illinois
Loyola
EVMS
SUNY Downstate
U of Kentucky--strong state ties
Temple
Drexel
Virginia Tech Carilion
VCU
Hofstra
U of Vermont
Wake Forest
Oakland
U of South Carolina
Boston University
SLU

I want to apply to 30 +/- schools so I'm debating between: Rosalind Franklin, Albany, Stonybrook, Indiana, Penn State University, SUNY Buffalo and Cincinatti.

If anyone has any input on OOS acceptance rates, or anything in general, or if I should add/take out something, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm finalizing my school list and would appreciate any input before I add these to my AMCAS, esp from Catalystik!!!

3.91-sgpa 3.86cgpa
30 MCAT
EC: lots of volunteer work, medical mission trip, peer mentoring, leadership positions in clubs, member of greek life sorority--leadership positions as well, one summer of research, 300+hrs medical volunteering, 100+ shadowing, and one or two unique hobbies/ec's.

I am in-state in FL.

Schools:
UCF
UF
USF
FSU
UM
FIU
FAU
Georgetown
GWU
Louisville
Tulane
U of Illinois
Loyola
EVMS
SUNY Downstate
U of Kentucky--strong state ties
Temple
Drexel
Virginia Tech Carilion
VCU
Hofstra
U of Vermont
Wake Forest
Oakland
U of South Carolina
Boston University
SLU

I want to apply to 30 +/- schools so I'm debating between: Rosalind Franklin, Albany, Stonybrook, Indiana, Penn State University, SUNY Buffalo and Cincinatti.

If anyone has any input on OOS acceptance rates, or anything in general, or if I should add/take out something, please let me know.

I think your list looks fine with a few slight reaches. From your proposed list, I'd take off Indiana unless you have a strong tie to the state. Consider if you want to apply to BU and Georgetown considering the massive number of applications they receive (10,000-11,000+). And UIllinois has killer OOS tuition. Any of the others would be fine. And I believe all have an OOS matriculation rate of 15% at least (my personal cut point), so you're good to go there.

Have you seen this 6/11 collaborative masterwork completed by the SDN community, which includes matriculant averages and in-state matriculant rates: Free, Legitimate Med School Matriculant Data: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=831618

Members don't see this ad :)
Deja Vu. I've got almost identical stats. Aside from some of the FL states, I've got nearly all of same schools plus some. Mine is 36 schools in total.

Here's my list: Univ. ArkansasKeck. USCStanfordUCSFUniv. ColoradoGeorge WashingtonGeorgetownFlorida Atlantic Univ.Florida International UniversityUniv. MiamiEmoryRosalind FranklinUniv. IlliniosIndiana UnivUniv. IowaTulaneJohns HopkinsUniv. MarylandBoston Univ.OaklandUniv. MichiganSt. Louis Univ. HofstraNYMCNYUSUNY at BuffaloSUNY DownstateDukeWake ForestUniv. ToledoDrexelPenn StateMed. Univ. South CarolinaVanderbiltUniv. VermontVirginia Commonwealth

I've got a few more reaches but with 36 schools, I feel like having a few is okay.

Wow, that's a lot of secondaries to fill out! I think you could easily reduce your list to 20 schools and be okay, because you don't have a lot of reaches in there. With Cat's suggestions in mind, though, your school list looks fine. If you have the money and the motivation to apply to 30 schools and do their secondaries, don't let me stop you!

Add SUNY Buffalo, because they accept a reasonable amount of OOS students, you are in range for stats there, and the secondary takes about 5 minutes to fill out (no essays).

Nice school list, good luck!

eeek thanks for all the help guys. AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE LINK TO THAT SPREADSHEET CAT!!

im going with 28 schools....just bc id rather be safe then sorry :)

ok final list:

UCF
UF
USF
UM
FIU
FAU
FSU
Georgetown
GWU
Tulane
Louisville
Kentucky
Illinois
Loyola
EVMS
VTC
VCU
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Buffalo
NYMC
Temple
Drexel
Hofstra
Vermont
Jefferson
Wake Forest
Oakland
Penn State

i have a few reaches.. but im hoping fl schools (UCF UM UF) arent too much of a reach since im IS. and i took out SLU just bc it was an extra reach.