*Finally* a half-decent AAMC practice test score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately never have enough time to study for my MCAT what with work, school, and everything else, but I pulled a 28 on AAMC 4 and am fairly happy.
AAMC-3: 24
AAMC-8: 23
AAMC-7: 22
~1.5 month gap
AAMC-4: 28(PS:7,VB:11,BS:10)
*Taken in that order*

I took the results from the first three tests, highlighted the areas that I was most deficient in with blue, pink and green colors(pink was most deficient, green less so, and blue I was ok with). Using this as a study basis, I hit my weakest areas first. Of course, I haven't hit them ALL, or with the intensity that I would have liked, but I'm glad it's *something* above the other scores.
May 31st is D-Day and I have a month free of school. The results aren't the consistent mid-30's some of you have been getting, but with the free time I have, I hope to bring up my scores substantially.:)

However, is there anything I need to know about AAMC-4? Was it considered a far cry easier from the others?

Members don't see this ad.

6-10 are the closest to the real thing, with 3 being the oldest and the one they give out free to everyone.

MAKE SURE you don't skimp on taking 6-10. I consider them the best MCAT prep available, and I took TPR and used EK.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys sure about cbt 4 being hard? lol

I took aamc 3 a couple weeks ago (as a diagnostic), and scored a 32 (10P,10V,12B).

I took aamc 4 this week (with zero prep in science) and scored a 36 (11P,12V,13B). I finished verbal like 8 mins early here. Anyone find cbt4 verbal a bit easy? The science stuff on these aamc tests are always pretty easy... but this is the highest I've ever done on verbal.

I'm writing on May 25th, and am starting to read over science concepts now.

i think you should have used green, yellow, and red highlighters--LIKE STOPLIGHTS :laugh: Sorry I thought your post was hilarious. Congrats on the improvement. The more of these practice tests you take the more you will realize how little you actually have to know.

Well, I think the problem is that I was studying what amounted to the 'wrong material' by using Kaplan's stuff(using their FL's as the basis of my studying, for example). I was studying something that was way more in-depth and not quite what I needed.
I'm confident with the Kaplan Biology book, EK Verbal 101, EK AO, and Nova Physics that I can start cracking this down.
Oh, and I honestly think that actually highlighting on the verbal helped me get the score I got and on time. It felt more like I was dissecting it with the highlighter than Kaplan's method of writing it out and all this non-sense.

I asked my instructor yesterday about AAMC4, She say AAMC 4 is one of the easy one.