1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

*Finally* a half-decent AAMC practice test score

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Vanguard23, May 1, 2007.

1. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I unfortunately never have enough time to study for my MCAT what with work, school, and everything else, but I pulled a 28 on AAMC 4 and am fairly happy.
    AAMC-3: 24
    AAMC-8: 23
    AAMC-7: 22
    ~1.5 month gap
    AAMC-4: 28(PS:7,VB:11,BS:10)
    *Taken in that order*

I took the results from the first three tests, highlighted the areas that I was most deficient in with blue, pink and green colors(pink was most deficient, green less so, and blue I was ok with). Using this as a study basis, I hit my weakest areas first. Of course, I haven't hit them ALL, or with the intensity that I would have liked, but I'm glad it's *something* above the other scores.
    May 31st is D-Day and I have a month free of school. The results aren't the consistent mid-30's some of you have been getting, but with the free time I have, I hope to bring up my scores substantially.:)

However, is there anything I need to know about AAMC-4? Was it considered a far cry easier from the others?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    4 is actually considered one of the hardest. Congrats!

4. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No kidding? I suppose when I have a distraction free environment I can do pretty decently too.:D

5. .surgical.

.surgical. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    6-10 are the closest to the real thing, with 3 being the oldest and the one they give out free to everyone.

MAKE SURE you don't skimp on taking 6-10. I consider them the best MCAT prep available, and I took TPR and used EK.

6. thecoolest47

2+ Year Member

are you guys sure about cbt 4 being hard? lol

I took aamc 3 a couple weeks ago (as a diagnostic), and scored a 32 (10P,10V,12B).

I took aamc 4 this week (with zero prep in science) and scored a 36 (11P,12V,13B). I finished verbal like 8 mins early here. Anyone find cbt4 verbal a bit easy? The science stuff on these aamc tests are always pretty easy... but this is the highest I've ever done on verbal.

I'm writing on May 25th, and am starting to read over science concepts now.

7. dolemike

5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    i think you should have used green, yellow, and red highlighters--LIKE STOPLIGHTS :laugh: Sorry I thought your post was hilarious. Congrats on the improvement. The more of these practice tests you take the more you will realize how little you actually have to know.

8. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, I think the problem is that I was studying what amounted to the 'wrong material' by using Kaplan's stuff(using their FL's as the basis of my studying, for example). I was studying something that was way more in-depth and not quite what I needed.
    I'm confident with the Kaplan Biology book, EK Verbal 101, EK AO, and Nova Physics that I can start cracking this down.
    Oh, and I honestly think that actually highlighting on the verbal helped me get the score I got and on time. It felt more like I was dissecting it with the highlighter than Kaplan's method of writing it out and all this non-sense.

9. meddoc1

2+ Year Member

I asked my instructor yesterday about AAMC4, She say AAMC 4 is one of the easy one.

10. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Figured as much. The verbal was exceptionally easy, but the physics much less so. Still, I think it's at least something.