finally done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally had graduation today. When is everyone else's ceremonies... how were they? The robe was extremely hot compared to undergrad.

mikecwru, MD

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Mike,
Our graduation is Monday morning.

Congrats, Mike and Tonem!

On a different note, did you buy your robes, or rent? Did you get to keep your hood? All I got to keep was the cheesy plain yellow tassel. I had a hood from my MPH, but my bunnies chewed it up. Maybe it is a sign that I shouldn't head into academics!

Enjoy your last days of freedom!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Annette
Congrats, Mike and Tonem!

On a different note, did you buy your robes, or rent? Did you get to keep your hood? All I got to keep was the cheesy plain yellow tassel. I had a hood from my MPH, but my bunnies chewed it up. Maybe it is a sign that I shouldn't head into academics!

Enjoy your last days of freedom!

We rented everything (for $60!) for one day. They technically don't even want us to keep our tassel, but I'm going to.

mike

Congrats mike and tonem!! Mine is Friday! :clap:

Hey Mike,
Grad was on May 10th. Great to be done. We had the privelege of purchasing all of our stuff for the unbelievable "deal" of $125 - no rental options. Had a bit of a surprise grad day - did not know one of my school colors was pink but there it was on the hood. Like the MD comment - I feel your pain.
Nof55

You only had to pay $60? $125? My school (a private DO school which shall remained nameless... I mean it, don't look at my S/N) charged us $250!

And all I got to keep was the tassel.

Pretty awesome at the exit interview when my final total is $173k...

UGH!

Oh well, atleast i can snap a neck like a Predator.

Q

Our AMSA or AMA chapter (can't keep em straight) subsidized the rental so it was only $20. We got to keep the little green tassle (didn't even have a plastic '03 on it). Congrats to all the other grads out there!

Wow... I feel really lucky... we didn't have to pay anything for our rentals (though it was prob just included on our tuition bill)...

Originally posted by tonem
Our AMSA or AMA chapter (can't keep em straight) subsidized the rental so it was only $20. We got to keep the little green tassle (didn't even have a plastic '03 on it). Congrats to all the other grads out there!

Ours was $60 and we weren't allowed to keep anything. I kept the cap + tassel, though. More crap to move at the end of June.

mike

I would have kept the cap if we got to wear those puffy beret things all the deans were wearing. I figured I could just dig my old high school mitre board out of what ever box its sitting in my parents garage if I wanted to attach my new green tassle without a little plastic '03.

Originally posted by tonem
I would have kept the cap if we got to wear those puffy beret things all the deans were wearing. I figured I could just dig my old high school mitre board out of what ever box its sitting in my parents garage if I wanted to attach my new green tassle without a little plastic '03.

There were a couple of weird looking gowns at our ceremonies. One guy, we called the "King," because he had this red gown with fur trim and a crown-like hat.

Where are you going? Didn't you apply to surgery and EM programs?

mike

I'll be doing EM at UMass. In retrospect, the Match was very good to me.