financial aid deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mc4435

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When a school's financial aid information says for example "Files must be complete by March 15th to be considered for financial aid.", does that only pertain to grants and scholarships? I just want to make sure that if for some reason I've missed a deadline that was March 1st, I will still be able to get at least LOANS.

Members don't see this ad.

When a school's financial aid information says for example "Files must be complete by March 15th to be considered for financial aid.", does that only pertain to grants and scholarships? I just want to make sure that if for some reason I've missed a deadline that was March 1st, I will still be able to get at least LOANS.

Loans are available until the start of class...even after class started if their is some sort of emergency. There really aren't any grants for medical school...if they are they are totally limited. getting in your paperwork early at your school may just give you priority for scholarships...which is always a good thing.

The official deadline for federal financial aid is in the summer, and sometimes you can actually submit it after class starts. So yeah, you've got lots of time for that.