Financial Aid Q's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marine1

Hoorah
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how a bankruptcy effects your ability to gain admission to a Pod school? And, I was wondering how it effects financial aid? I was serving in Afghanistan and two of my credit card companies did not respect my rights under the soldiers and sailors act. This made a two $679 credit card bills jump to $7800 by the time I got home. After having a medical discharge I decided to declare bankruptcy. My FICA score blows. I have two interviews right now. I would like to know before I get to the interviews and if I should say anything about it to my interviewers? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just a pre-pod, so i'm sure others would be better. But you can ask to talk to the financial aid people who could def tell you more.

I have a friend that is at NYCPM, and he said that he knows people who gained admission to school but did not receive FA because of bankruptcy. He is the one who told me to come to this forum and not mention it directly to any of the schools. Thanks

I was wondering how a bankruptcy effects your ability to gain admission to a Pod school? And, I was wondering how it effects financial aid? I was serving in Afghanistan and two of my credit card companies did not respect my rights under the soldiers and sailors act. This made a two $679 credit card bills jump to $7800 by the time I got home. After having a medical discharge I decided to declare bankruptcy. My FICA score blows. I have two interviews right now. I would like to know before I get to the interviews and if I should say anything about it to my interviewers? Thanks

I would contact the admission's department at schools you are interested in. I don't think that it effects your admission or financial aid unless you get a personal student loan. Most students get federal student loans.