Financial Aid status--Do admission committees view you differently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about applying for financial aid to help pay for school. However, it is the opinion of some that it affects your chances of admission. Is this is true?

Members don't see this ad.

NYCillini said:
I was thinking about applying for financial aid to help pay for school. However, it is the opinion of some that it affects your chances of admission. Is this is true?

you dont even worry about financial aid until you are accepted first. they dont even know what kind of aid you will need. i think that statement is completely false. plus mine as well all of us quit school right now w/o financial aid.

I think it would only affect international students, where they're usually expected to be able to foot the bill for all 4 years without government loans. AFAIK, most if not all pharmacy schools are now considered graduate and professional school and no longer undergraduate college, meaning that you the student can no longer qualify for Pell grants and other non-loan, scholarship, or work study-related financial aid.