Quantcast

Financial Aid

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronen26

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I too late to start? I just got into school a few weeks ago and I'm just now starting the process and waiting for a FSA ID.

baronen26

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh jeez. I didn't think I would get in this cycle so I didn't pay attention to it. Am I totally screwed?

Advance

DDS
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh jeez. I didn't think I would get in this cycle so I didn't pay attention to it. Am I totally screwed?
You should contact your financial aid advisor at your school.

baronen26

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will when they return from break. I just was able to submit my FAFSA, does that mean I'm good?

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Your school's financial aid office determines your eligibility and will reward you the direct loan (at a minimum) if they are able to process the FAFSA. You need to find out when they stop processing financial aid applications.

whaleofatale

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user

whaleofatale

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will there be grants awarded other than loans?

This is completely dependent upon your school. Most schools have spent a good portion of their institutional funding at such a late date, but it's possible that your school sets money aside for late accepts. You need to work with your financial aid office directly if you have questions.

Reactions: 1 user

irishmom

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, congratulations on your acceptance. Second, fill out the FAFSA ASAP, and call your school's financial aid coordinator. Most schools have a dedicated coordinator for the dental school, so call student services and make an appointment as soon as you can (before your break ends...)

baronen26

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

I spoke to financial aid and they made it seem like no big deal - I guess those deadlines are for unguaranteed money and grad loans are available 24/7.

Reactions: 1 users