Financial aide question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laneyj34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how financial aide works?

I am wondering because I would like to get some extra money my first year to buy a car (I have no car right now)... not a very expensive one-- maybe 10k or so. Can you get extra money for something like that, bundled in with medical school loans? I have heard that banks love to give money to med students. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Moving this to the financial aid forums. To the OP I think this forum will also have the answer to many of your questions. Good luck!

Can anyone tell me how financial aide works?

I am wondering because I would like to get some extra money my first year to buy a car (I have no car right now)... not a very expensive one-- maybe 10k or so. Can you get extra money for something like that, bundled in with medical school loans? I have heard that banks love to give money to med students. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah banks love to give money to you at horrible rates if you don't have a good credit score. I do think that some schools offer emergency student loans for emergency car repairs. However, I don't think your situation meets that. I guess you could speak with the individual school and see if they will be generous and put it as part of your cost of attendance.