Financial Aide Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fromeverywhere

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just filed for financial aide and got a message saying " Based upon data provided by the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and
your grade level, we have determined that you may have received a total amount of undergraduate/graduate student loans that is close to or equal to the loan limits established for the federal loan programs. Therefore, your eligibility for additional student loans may be limited". I would be in my 4 year next year. Has anyone ever encountered this and what happened?
 
I just filed for financial aide and got a message saying " Based upon data provided by the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and
your grade level, we have determined that you may have received a total amount of undergraduate/graduate student loans that is close to or equal to the loan limits established for the federal loan programs. Therefore, your eligibility for additional student loans may be limited". I would be in my 4 year next year. Has anyone ever encountered this and what happened?

It depends on how much tuition is going to be for the last year i think. Either way, you could always get a private loan at a reasonable interest rate to make up for what you dont get federally.

To answer your question, i did know someone who went through this (cost of undergrad+grad school +med school) and she ended up taking a military scholarship but i remember she had the private loan option as well back then.
This was 4 years ago but I dont think things have changed that much. Or maybe they have. Someone correct me if so.