Financing Carribean schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepy31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I spend the money on an application to a school, I am trying to make sure that I can handle the cost of it. I am interested in a couple of the Caribbean schools that meet the requirements for US federal education funding. Could anyone tell me how that works and what types I could be eligible for if I meet requirements (and I probably do)?

Members don't see this ad.

I have federal loans, and I know what they are. HOWEVER, I was looking for some specifics. Cost of school (including living expenses) vs. loans granted and yadda, yadda, yadda....

Members don't see this ad :)
Only Carib. school eligible for Stafford loans:
Ross
St. Georges
American Univ. of the Caribbean

Refer to their websites for cost

Skydiver said:
Only Carib. school eligible for Stafford loans:
Ross
St. Georges
American Univ. of the Caribbean

Refer to their websites for cost

I did. Obviously that is where I started. However, even after contacting them, I only got an email that said to call. It didn't help at all. I was hoping someone with some direct experience in this matter might find this posting and help me out.

sleepy31 said:
I did. Obviously that is where I started. However, even after contacting them, I only got an email that said to call. It didn't help at all. I was hoping someone with some direct experience in this matter might find this posting and help me out.

Here's the link for Ross. It has all the numbers right there for you. http://www.rossu.edu/med/admissions/financialinfo_032.cfm

Good Luck

Okay, does anyone have some insight, some actual experience dealing with..... federal loans vs. the costs of the top three. The websites DO NOT PROVIDE ENOUGH INFORMATION. The numbers do not add properly as far as the federal stuff is concerned. PLEASE... ANYONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS PROCESS THEMSELVES???????? +pissed+

I am very, very self-sufficient. I have been to as many websites as I can think of for information. However, the bottom line is this.. THE SCHOOLS present package deals to FASFA and that is the most the students can get. In some cases, especially with medical school, it is enough to cover the entire cost - but NOT ALWAYS. Those are the numbers that I am hoping someone can show me. How much of the cost did your loans cover of the actual bill?

If you haven't gone through this process or are not a loan provider/school financial aid counselor, please, please +pissed+ don't provide me with websites. ;) ;)