Financing college...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RJSpaulding

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently attending a community college and will be transferring soon. I wanted to know how much in loans a 4-year university will let a student take out. Any info would be great!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

your school will set a cost of attendence price.. they factor in tuition, housing, food, and a bunch of other stuff. It will be enough for you to do what ever you need. If it isn't... u just go to the financial aid office and ask them to adjust it for your special circumstance. This is how much you usually can take out in education loans. The kind of loan you will get will depend on your financial situations... I was screwed because my parents make a decent amount but they don't love me enough to pay for my college... haha... so I have to use sallie mae. But the cost of attendence at my school is set so that I can still have enough to buy good food, and some extra money every month just to spend on random supplies a.k.a. Beer.