Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm just wondering in general about how to finance post-bacc programs. I see that Stafford Loans are an option. Is it difficult to get approved for private loans to cover the costs of these programs?
I plan on being a full-time student. I have about 20k in debt from my (unrelated) master's degree. I haven't done any of the pre-reqs yet, so it'll take a few semesters to complete. I also plan on being a full-time student, so I would need some money to cover living expenses.
Does anyone have specific experiences with the financial issues at either NU or Dominican's post-bacc program?
As an aside, it'd be far cheaper for me to move to Orlando and live with my parents, and take all the courses at the local community college. I realize that the "4-year vs. CC pre-req" question has been endlessly debated. So what are the current thoughts? Given my financial realities, would this be worth it? (even though it might look bad on med school applications)
Thanks for the thoughts.
I plan on being a full-time student. I have about 20k in debt from my (unrelated) master's degree. I haven't done any of the pre-reqs yet, so it'll take a few semesters to complete. I also plan on being a full-time student, so I would need some money to cover living expenses.
Does anyone have specific experiences with the financial issues at either NU or Dominican's post-bacc program?
As an aside, it'd be far cheaper for me to move to Orlando and live with my parents, and take all the courses at the local community college. I realize that the "4-year vs. CC pre-req" question has been endlessly debated. So what are the current thoughts? Given my financial realities, would this be worth it? (even though it might look bad on med school applications)
Thanks for the thoughts.