Financing Two Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoxcarWilly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My financial aid office is rude and unhelpful. I figured a few of my fellow SDN brother are significantly more intelligent. Post Bacc senario here:

Here's my question:

I am enrolled in school X. I completed my FASFA and accepted Perkins Federal money of $10,500 total amount which is earmarked for the next 3 semesters. I have not picked a lender yet so I don't have in the money in my hand, yet.

I also want to enroll in school Y (community college) because it is cheaper and closer to my house.

Essentially I will be dual enrolled at schools X & Y and I'd like to know if I can get fedeal loans

1. Can I get a Federal Loan for both schools
2. Since I already completed a FASFA for school X do I do another for Y too? And when do I do it?

Has anyone done this before?

Totally confused here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My financial aid office is rude and unhelpful. I figured a few of my fellow SDN brother are significantly more intelligent. Post Bacc senario here:

Here's my question:

I am enrolled in school X. I completed my FASFA and accepted Perkins Federal money of $10,500 total amount which is earmarked for the next 3 semesters. I have not picked a lender yet so I don't have in the money in my hand, yet.

I also want to enroll in school Y (community college) because it is cheaper and closer to my house.

Essentially I will be dual enrolled at schools X & Y and I'd like to know if I can get fedeal loans

1. Can I get a Federal Loan for both schools
2. Since I already completed a FASFA for school X do I do another for Y too? And when do I do it?

Has anyone done this before?

Totally confused here. Thanks!

Second question first, go back to your 2007-08 FAFSA and add school Y to your school list by making a correction to your existing 2007-08 FAFSA.

First question. Will you be choosing school Y over school X , or will you be attending both schools at the same time? If the answer is you're choosing one over the other, you would get amount of aid as determined by the school you will attend. If you attending both schools at the same time, do your correction to your FAFSA now and add school Y. After a short while they should soon receive your information electronically. It's possible you could call school Y's financial aid office to get a clearer answer from them. Not much help for this one, sorry. Maybe someone else in a similiar situation or with an definite answer can address this for you. Good Luck.

I am actually in a very similar situation:
I have been working on my MPH with a certain school and have just been accepted to a medical school. I talked with both schools and they said that there would be no problem getting financial aide to study at both schools simultaneously.

One school has already sent my award letter, while I am waiting for the other. I'll let you know how smoothe the process is.