Quantcast

Finch admissions requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I found some new info here. Finch has cut-off grades: 3.4 GPA in science and 9 on each of the MCAT sections. I was told in their e-mail that they look at an application as whole and they do not have these cut-offs. Please, look at their web site:

<a href="http://www.tju.edu/jmc/admissions/home/faq.cfm" target="_blank">http://www.tju.edu/jmc/admissions/home/faq.cfm</a>

MSTP boy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your website points to Jefferson Medical School, not Finch. (?)

mcwmark

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's for Jefferson...not Finch.

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont know about next year, but people have gotten in with MCAT's with less than 9's in all sections this year. I dont know about the GPA though. It DOES seem like they view the whole application, and that they dont just look at numbers.

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People in the AP and MIS programs need around a 3.0 for an automatic acceptance, so it brings the average statistics down. I think they do look at the "whole applicant," but the numbers of people admitted the normal way are higher than the average stats imply. However, their averages are a little lower than other schools, so it's always a good place to apply. That's why they have so many applicants. :wink:

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They had a little less than 8,000 applications thi syear and 650 interviews for a class of about 195...I don't know how many accepted, but in the past, they accepted 70% of interviewees (although in the past they had about 570 interviewees). All of these numbers I heard on SDN except for the 70% stat, so please take what I said w/ a grain of salt. :wink:

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whoa!
first, in defense of the ancillary prg students (i.e, APs and MISers). the 2.96GPA is ONLY for the graduate courses. the avg GPA that is calcuated for the incoming M1 class still uses the undergrad numbers. but you're right, as a WHOLE, the AP M1s do tend to bring down the avg. but it is very, very, minor. like last yr, there were only 40 APs and about 140 "traditional" M1s. and the avg undergrad GPA for AP they read out-loud (!!) at orientation, was only slightly lower.
but yeah. sorry. i get kinda defensive when people talk down about APs. all year, it was as if we were all second-class citizens, and a lot of resentment was directed toward us (b/c we "bring down" CMS's rank and rep), and the M1As (b/c they are the only ones that get As in anatomy and histo). but i think it's silly.
sure, the ancillary kids are gettin "IN" thru the backdoor, but i don't think any of us are second-rate, marginal, or unqualified. in fact, i think a lot of the APs are hungrier, and more dedicated than the "real" (or as Foxy says, the "normal") M1s. Esp the M1s that fail classes and don't even care.

and...the executive council pres was an AP. and i heard he was the ~man~ at school with all the thnigs he did (bball court among otheres). i think next yr's pres and VP are APs. the 2005 class pres was an AP. pretty much...APs run $h!T, and run the school. (they're the only ones with extra time on their hands to be so active with all the extraciriculars).

and the reason why ~I~ think so many apply to CMS is b/c of it's lower avg's, non-rank, and private school status (no in-state preferrences). it's everyone's back up school. and the reason why the morale is kinda down there, is b/c everyone that goes there, is going to their "back-up" school and didn't get in anywhere else.

but i'll be a M1A next yr. so i'm happy!

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey FU...CMS, I'm sorry if I offended you...I only heard that the averages are lower b/c of the programs on SDN, not anywhere else, so as I said, please take everything I say with a grain of salt. :wink: Thanks for the clarification. :)

S

scplnhnd

If anybody has ever had the pleasure of visiting North Chicago they will know what I am talking about. It is a desolate school in a desolate place with a third rate Caribbean type education. Why not go to the Ross and at least get a nice tan.

Members don't see this ad :)

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's ok :) The poster has been a troll for the whole night. No offense taken :)

S

scplnhnd

Are you calling me Ugly Foxy? I dont know about you but I though doctors were'nt suppose to be judgemental

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dude, don't people know that only ~I'M~ allowed to make fun of Finch/CMS? wtf!?!? "scplnhnd", don't let me and my CMS boys catch you on the streets by yourself!!!

S

scplnhnd

•••quote:•••Originally posted by FU....CMS:
•dude, don't people know that only ~I'M~ allowed to make fun of Finch/CMS? wtf!?!? "scplnhnd", don't let me and my CMS boys catch you on the streets by yourself!!!•••••Once again the northern Chicago has shown its class and has resorted to vulgarity, I am sure you have a lot of fun with your boys.

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
vulgarity? i didn't use vulgarity? at least not in this post.

and class? what's the adage about those that live in glass-houses, and about casting stones??

but you did get ONE thing right. there are a lot of "boys" at CMS (2:1 ratio for the 2005 class), and we all have LOTS of fun! mostly down at the YMCA!

S

scplnhnd

•vulgarity? i didn't use vulgarity? at least not in this post.

and class? what's the adage about those that live in glass-houses, and about casting stones??

but you did get ONE thing right. there are a lot of "boys" at CMS (2:1 ratio for the 2005 class), and we all have LOTS of fun! mostly down at the YMCA!•••••Finally someone with a decent prespective

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
•dude, don't people know that only ~I'M~ allowed to make fun of Finch/CMS? •••••I agree...it's only funny when you do it.

It's obvious this guy doesn't know what he's talking about anyway....if you look at his recent posts, you'll see that he just took the MCATS.....just a newbie to this process. :)

S

scplnhnd

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by FU....CMS:
•dude, don't people know that only ~I'M~ allowed to make fun of Finch/CMS? •••••I agree...it's only funny when you do it.

It's obvious this guy doesn't know what he's talking about anyway....if you look at his recent posts, you'll see that he just took the MCATS.....just a newbie to this process. :) •••••WHo are you calling a rookie. Let me ask you this how many papers do you have published? I bet my MCATs are higher than yours, since you are going to finch.
Dont mess with the troll

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hahaha...you said newbie. dude, "scplnhnd", you're sooo exposed by Foxy!

and it looks like you can't spell or don't proof-read like me either!

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hahahhah! dude, "scplnhnd", again, EXPOSED! true colors...

where's the talk of "class" and passive-aggressively taking the higher moral-ground?

your argument ad hominum is pretty ridiculous...b/c you just showed how insecure you must be, AND you just attacked a GURL! and you did it by saying something lame like "i'm smarter than you"!!! nice come-back!

dude....keep posting! this is hilarious! who needs TV or movies when you have The Troll! what was sarcasm is not anymore....you really do deserve a beat-down!

S

scplnhnd

•hahahhah! dude, "scplnhnd", again, EXPOSED! true colors...

where's the talk of "class" and passive-aggressively taking the higher moral-ground?

your argument ad hominum is pretty ridiculous...b/c you just showed how insecure you must be, AND you just attacked a GURL! and you did it by saying something lame like "i'm smarter than you"!!! nice come-back!

dude....keep posting! this is hilarious! who needs TV or movies when you have The Troll! what was sarcasm is not anymore....you really do deserve a beat-down!•••••Anytime pretty boy and the sad thing for you is that I am smarter than you and this preciously why I am not going to Finch. BTW you need to quit brown nosing Dra Foxy.

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
brown-nose? i don't think so buddy. all of Foxy's brown-nosers are on the "Who's the Hottest SDN" thread.

and speaking of pretty boys, i just thought it was funny that you were attacking a girl!

and i guess it is sad that you have to keep referring to your own intelligence. are you trying to convince yourself, or others???

btw, how did you know i was pretty, though? i can't do HTML or prg enough to put my picture on my Profile. but you're right! b/c my mommy even says i'm "handsome"!!!

rxfudd

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
•brown-nose? i don't think so buddy. all of Foxy's brown-nosers are on the "Who's the Hottest SDN" thread.

and speaking of pretty boys, i just thought it was funny that you were attacking a girl!

and i guess it is sad that you have to keep referring to your own intelligence. are you trying to convince yourself, or others???

btw, how did you know i was pretty, though? i can't do HTML or prg enough to put my picture on my Profile. but you're right! b/c my mommy even says i'm "handsome"!!!•••••Let it go - this guy's looking for reaction. The mods seem to be dealing with it in a timely manner.

FU....CMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know. i'm calm and collected. i just think it's all pretty funny...

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
•i know. i'm calm and collected. i just think it's all pretty funny...•••••It is funny. "Oh look I'm smarter than Foxy oooh I'm sooooo good. I need to go on the internet and bag on other people to make myself feel good. I'm SOOOOOO COOL!!"

Makes himself look like an idiot.

metsn02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
•••quote:•••Originally posted by scplnhnd:
•Once again the northern Chicago has shown its class and has resorted to vulgarity, I am sure you have a lot of fun with your boys.•••••Does anybody else find it ironic that this scplnhnd joker is talking ish about Chicago yet he is posting from Nashville? Newsflash bro, Nashville is not exactly the center of high culture or class (oh but those 500 country western bars that you frequent are, right?). Hey tough guy watch your mouth with Foxy, she's a legend here, and your still a loser. Do us all a favor and get back to your guitar and moonshine. peace