-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Finding a job as a new graduate
Started by elipscombs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They are right. I know a few people who are having a hard time right now because no company is looking for them.
They are right. I know a few people who are having a hard time right now because no company is looking for them.
There are plenty of jobs - you have to be willing to move... Or perhaps take the less than desirable interim job.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Retail pharmacies are always hiring. It is harder to find a job if you are living in an area that has a pharmacy school nearby. I am a new graduate as well, many companies dont even want to look at your resume unless you are licensed as a pharmacist. I recently moved to So Cal, i went to an out of state pharm school, and there is about 3 pharmacy schools within a 60 mile radius. I havent heard back from any of the local places i have applied, but i have recieved 2 job offers with a starting salary of $60/hr, in a smaller town about 2 hrs south. One hospital pharmacy offer, one retail offer. I am gonna have to jump on one of these offers, as I have ran out of my pharmacy intern funds and am completly broke!
Retail pharmacies are always hiring. It is harder to find a job if you are living in an area that has a pharmacy school nearby. I am a new graduate as well, many companies dont even want to look at your resume unless you are licensed as a pharmacist. I recently moved to So Cal, i went to an out of state pharm school, and there is about 3 pharmacy schools within a 60 mile radius. I havent heard back from any of the local places i have applied, but i have recieved 2 job offers with a starting salary of $60/hr, in a smaller town about 2 hrs south. One hospital pharmacy offer, one retail offer. I am gonna have to jump on one of these offers, as I have ran out of my pharmacy intern funds and am completly broke!
If you're in so cal....2 hours south is san diego, and i hear it's fairly saturated out there. The only "small town" I can think of in the area are all in east county SD. I'm assuming you're in LA, because if you're any further south than LA, "2 hours south" puts you in Tijuana. There are different types of "pharmacists" there, if you know what I mean.
If you're in so cal....2 hours south is san diego, and i hear it's fairly saturated out there. The only "small town" I can think of in the area are all in east county SD. I'm assuming you're in LA, because if you're any further south than LA, "2 hours south" puts you in Tijuana. There are different types of "pharmacists" there, if you know what I mean.![]()
With the horrendous traffic of LA, two hours south might as well be Orange County. 😎
With the horrendous traffic of LA, two hours south might as well be Orange County. 😎
This is correct, haha. But only a n00b will hit the 405 between the hours to 2pm and 7pm unless they really really have to.
I used to commute from the west side into OC, left at 8:30am...got to OC by 10am. I only hit traffic from about wilshire to LAX, then it's smooth sailing. By the time I hit garden grove/westminster/FV, that traffic is gone.
This is correct, haha. But only a n00b will hit the 405 between the hours to 2pm and 7pm unless they really really have to.
I used to commute from the west side into OC, left at 8:30am...got to OC by 10am. I only hit traffic from about wilshire to LAX, then it's smooth sailing. By the time I hit garden grove/westminster/FV, that traffic is gone.
What's a "n00b?"
What's a "n00b?"
someone who is not l33t
someone who is not l33t
👍
Nikkai, a "n00b," "noob," "newb," or any other variation is short for "newbie," someone unaware, ignorant, or new to something. It's "leet" or "1337" speak.
👍
Nikkai, a "n00b," "noob," "newb," or any other variation is short for "newbie," someone unaware, ignorant, or new to something. It's "leet" or "1337" speak.
Im sorry... I can neither read nor speak geek.
Retail pharmacies are always hiring. It is harder to find a job if you are living in an area that has a pharmacy school nearby. I am a new graduate as well, many companies dont even want to look at your resume unless you are licensed as a pharmacist. I recently moved to So Cal, i went to an out of state pharm school, and there is about 3 pharmacy schools within a 60 mile radius. I havent heard back from any of the local places i have applied, but i have recieved 2 job offers with a starting salary of $60/hr, in a smaller town about 2 hrs south. One hospital pharmacy offer, one retail offer. I am gonna have to jump on one of these offers, as I have ran out of my pharmacy intern funds and am completly broke!
👍 for you. I am in Tennesse, and they r after us (new grad) for now, but 2 more schools just opened down town Nashville!!, so I know it won't always be like that.
My friend just moved to Houston, Tx. The poor girl, so used to be "in demand", we had like 2-3 written jobs offer each. Now, we actually feel lucky that she got a job interview with a retail company there and praying that she gets it. She was complaining yesterday how she has to put together a resume for the first time in years..we laughed about it..life is a bitch 😀
they are right...my girlfriend hasnt heard or receive any calls back from any of the places she applied too. Temecula is not even guaranteed anymore.
they are right...my girlfriend hasnt heard or receive any calls back from any of the places she applied too. Temecula is not even guaranteed anymore.
I know a pharmacist that floated in the Temecula area for 6 months before finally getting a permanent store.
I know a pharmacist that floated in the Temecula area for 6 months before finally getting a permanent store.
Yeah...Temecula not too long ago used to be guaranteed permanent store with big bonuses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know a pharmacist that floated in the Temecula area for 6 months before finally getting a permanent store.
6 months isn't bad.
But Temecula. Ugh. Hot as Vegas sometimes. Why bother.
TEMECULA? are you effing serious??
i think this just hit home that i need to get out of retail
i think this just hit home that i need to get out of retail
TEMECULA? are you effing serious??
Yep.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 576
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K