Finding a place to practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental_Wife33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My husband is in his third year of dental school. We are beginning to look for a place to live/buy a practice. We are looking in the Tri-cities area in Washington and in the Pheonix Arizona area. Does anyone know of any good websites that show how many dentist are in certain areas or how much they make? I've also heard Washington is a good place to practice because insurance lets you bill more there. Has anyone ever heard about that? Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

My husband is in his third year of dental school. We are beginning to look for a place to live/buy a practice. We are looking in the Tri-cities area in Washington and in the Pheonix Arizona area. Does anyone know of any good websites that show how many dentist are in certain areas or how much they make? I've also heard Washington is a good place to practice because insurance lets you bill more there. Has anyone ever heard about that? Thanks for any help!

Be careful in Phoenix. I know there have been a lot of dentists leave the area over the past year or so (over 100). I'm assuming it's due to the economy tanking, housing market there being abysmal, and the fact that Phoenix was completely over-run with dentists in the past few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what you are looking for I think

Attachments

• Active dentists, by state.xls
    69.5 KB · Views: 233
Eastern Washington and Western Washington are very different. I would think that there would be a need in Tri-cities. I'm not sure about the billing but eastern washington has a much lower cost of living than the Seattle area.