Dental_Wife33

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status
My husband is in his third year of dental school. We are beginning to look for a place to live/buy a practice. We are looking in the Tri-cities area in Washington and in the Pheonix Arizona area. Does anyone know of any good websites that show how many dentist are in certain areas or how much they make? I've also heard Washington is a good place to practice because insurance lets you bill more there. Has anyone ever heard about that? Thanks for any help!

Slack3r

Sicker than your average
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
Good luck in Phoenix. There's a dentist on every corner here.

cuneatus2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
Status
Dental Student
My husband is in his third year of dental school. We are beginning to look for a place to live/buy a practice. We are looking in the Tri-cities area in Washington and in the Pheonix Arizona area. Does anyone know of any good websites that show how many dentist are in certain areas or how much they make? I've also heard Washington is a good place to practice because insurance lets you bill more there. Has anyone ever heard about that? Thanks for any help!
Be careful in Phoenix. I know there have been a lot of dentists leave the area over the past year or so (over 100). I'm assuming it's due to the economy tanking, housing market there being abysmal, and the fact that Phoenix was completely over-run with dentists in the past few years.

SeattleRDH

Moderator Emeritus
Mar 10, 2010
Duh
Status
Eastern Washington and Western Washington are very different. I would think that there would be a need in Tri-cities. I'm not sure about the billing but eastern washington has a much lower cost of living than the Seattle area.