Finding good stay at home jobs

Thebeyonder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to find a decent stay at home position? I have heard that medical claims processing is a good part time stay at home position. Can anyone give me pointers on how to get started? I dont have/want to spend alot of money for 'training'. Is there a way to get started in this line of work without putting money down?

Members don't see this ad.

Beyonder,

I cannot comment on the medical transcription deal, but my wife works from home. The absolute minimum cost from us is $100 a month. She spends about ten hours a week on it and it is a product that improves people's health through proper nutrition. It is VERY simple to do and there are lots of people all over the country doing it, to varying degrees of success.

If you want to know more, ask me and I will be more than happy to help you out. It is not a 'get something for nothing' gig, but the benefits cannot be matched.

Ben

regarding medical claims processing:
I would be very careful about this idea. I do know one person who does this (a nurse who does the billings part-time) and it seems to work for her. However, when I started looking into it, all of the companies I called wanted money upfront for "training" and other expenses. Most also required that I find my own clients. I suggest having a conversation with the billing people at your doctor's office, or anyone else who works in a medical office setting. They can most likely give you more information on wether or not this career is legitimate or feasible.

Good Luck!