Best Medical Schools to find a wife?

wow this was 27 days inactive and i got incensed ANYWAY modern young men value money; modern young women marriage attractions money; stahp saying otherwise it's not ye olde days

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm gonna echo this.

On average, Americans, particularly women, are more likely to have bachelor's degrees and above compared to before. We're all making our own money and trying to carve our paths...and millenials and gen-Z are thinking much more about emotional and long-term compatibility and mental health than previous generations due to evolving ideas of status, achievement, and stability.

The idea of marrying an SO for their money, particularly for those at and beyond first generation American status, is no longer as prominent of an issue as it was for other generations and perhaps as it is for immigrants or those in other countries, who are dealing with a separate set of issues.

Additionally, given modern American work schedules, the likelihood of an individual from a vastly different SES/projected SES post-grad becoming datable material is much less relevant compared to before. We generally marry people we're familiar with.

I can see how in other countries and certainly in the past money could be a game-changer for SO pickings, but again, current young adults now prioritize different things and are largely building stable careers for themselves. Money is only a game-changer for those currently or projected to be in extreme positions.

I do plead that older SDN users stop making jokes about or genuinely insinuating that money makes men more attractive to women in these types of posts. This is now largely archaic for the current applicant and in-school population and feeds into sexist and incel ideologies.

These may have been relevant or funny in your time or country, and perhaps among culturally conservative circles, but it's actually unhealthy now, and I'm sorry if you were negatively affected by the unfair societal norms and undue gendered pressure you experienced while growing up. You didn't deserve it, but the kids making posts like this don't deserve it either.

OP is just a kid looking for love, compassion, and comfort. Please do not put a young man's value with respect to (if he is straight) the opposite sex on his earnings. I see the havoc this wreaks, especially in my parents' generation and above, and especially with new immigrants desperately attempting to carve out their lives in a new country. It hurts everyone. It's not fair. Please stop.

OP, just live your life. Concentrate on building good friendships, a good sense of self, and ways to genuinely enjoy your life for now. The right person will eventually come along, and you will build a wonderful future with that person.
Very true. It's just not a real factor in dating anymore.

But one "exception" (if you'd call it that) is the rise of sugar daddying arrangements in the 2010s. That's the only place where money actually helps/works. And it's always going to be a direct arrangement.

Reactions: 1 user
Funny requirement I would say, but I think Tinder or other dating platforms would work better fr what you want. No offense)