Best Medical Schools to find a wife?

KatsuCurry

MS3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Look I'm excited to learn the basic sciences and do research at med school, but I'm also trying to find a wife (perhaps more important).

What schools have good dating cultures and a lot of intermingling?

I've heard good things about Wake Forst, USF, any others?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
LOL.....”perhaps more important”. I’m done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 12 users
Hey you don't have to explain anything, we're all pretty much here to find wives or husbands. Start with Tinder and radiate outwards.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you tryna with someone in your class/school? Otherwise, I'd say somewhere in a large-ish city where there are other young professionals would be your best bet. This is tied into social life, which I think is a somewhat important consideration ...

Reactions: 3 users
You wont have time for a neurotic sig other as a medical student. I've seen reports of around 20% divorce rate for med students. Having said that, my wife and I were married as students,she a 1st yr and I a 4 th yr. The difference being she was an elite student, so med school was not much of a stress.
If she had been the average med student, like me, it would have been very stressful. Best advice is to get into med school first. Being a med student won't make you cuter for the girls until you are a resident. Girls are smart!

Reactions: 6 users
8% of entering medical students are married
25% of graduating medical students are married

worry about getting into medical
Do you have similar stats for Residency?

Reactions: 1 user
You wont have time for a neurotic sig other as a medical student. I've seen reports of around 20% divorce rate for med students. Having said that, my wife and I were married as students,she a 1st yr and I a 4 th yr. The difference being she was an elite student, so med school was not much of a stress.
If she had been the average med student, like me, it would have been very stressful. Best advice is to get into med school first. Being a med student won't make you cuter for the girls until you are a resident. Girls are smart!

How does it change once your a resident? Asking for a friend LOL

Reactions: 2 users
ngl heard from case students alot of them date each other

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
ngl heard from case students alot of them date each other

Thank you, this is what I'm looking for. Will definitely be putting a lot of effort in my Case essays. Any others from people who interviewed at / are attending other schools?

Tell my the good things you've heard about USF. I CTE'd there a week ago.

I have a friend who goes there and she said that she and a couple of her other friends have all found long-term SOs at USF. Don't know much else besides that though.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Look I'm excited to learn the basic sciences and do research at med school, but I'm also trying to find a wife (perhaps more important).

Any med school school once the ladies know you're going to be a doctor. Especially the greedy ones.

What they don't know is that those who marry for money have to earn it.

Your post reminded me of an old Henny Youngman line: "We married for better or worse. I couldn't have done better and she couldn't have done worse."

Reactions: 9 users
8% of entering medical students are married
25% of graduating medical students are married

worry about getting into medical

"25% of graduating medical students are married"

Why do you think this is so high? It seems relatively higher.

Only 20%??? So you’re saying that medical students have a better chance than the average American couple which last time I checked the divorce rate was around 50%?

Reactions: 1 users
Only 20%??? So you’re saying that medical students have a better chance than the average American couple which last time I checked the divorce rate was around 50%?
Simple Google search of medical student divorce rate revealed 20 to 50 % divorce rate for students. I went with the lower number to be safe. Of the 6 couples we were friends with in med school, only one is divorced, so again, I went with the lower number.

Do you have a particular 'type' of wife in mind? For example, are you wanting to marry another medical student? Or would you prefer a nurse? Are you looking for your equal? Or more of an adoring fan?

Do you have a particular 'type' of wife in mind? For example, are you wanting to marry another medical student? Or would you prefer a nurse? Are you looking for your equal? Or more of an adoring fan?

Cute, kind, and not boring are really the only 3 criteria I have

Make a med school dating app, could put it on your AMCAS app lmao

Then I can't imagine why any med school would be unsatisfactory in that regard. There are some where the gender ratio is out of skew, but only a few. You may want to look more closely at schools proximate to large universities or allied health schools.

But really, I wouldn't let it impact your application strategy too much. Your odds of being able to find "cute, kind, and not boring" at any school are far greater than your chances of being admitted to any particular school, so really, until you have multiple acceptances, it's not even a real choice...

Reactions: 4 users
honestly i thought this was a joke and i can't believe some posters are offering serious advice

I heard it’s common to find a Suga momma (or sugar daddy but most pre-med students I know are Splenda Daddies) to help you emotionally And financially through med school but doctors almost always find a way to start Family 2.0 with the very attractive nurse / PA recently brought onto the practice. That being said the endgame is when residency ends.

OP

You seem like the planning ahead type so why not ask which institution gives you the best chances of networking and finding your future divorce lawyer?

• Wow
  • Haha

OP, I highly recommend an anime waifu pillow

1589247548087.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
SeekingArrangements and Onlyfans are good options to fund your academic journey

• Haha
I heard it’s common to find a Suga momma (or sugar daddy but most pre-med students I know are Splenda Daddies) to help you emotionally And financially through med school but doctors almost always find a way to start Family 2.0 with the very attractive nurse / PA recently brought onto the practice. That being said the endgame is when residency ends.

whats a Splenda daddy? Asking for a friend...

What are your stats? Heights, weight, max bench press, hair color? Need more info.

I wouldn't read it that way at all. The general 50% number is measured from the moment the couple says "I do" until they divorce or one of them dies. The medical student figure only measures the narrow slice of time one or both of them are in medical school. Of course the medical student number will be radically lower! Compare doctor divorce rates to the general population before drawing a conclusion! Apparently that is around 25%, so there is something there!!!! :)

The general population divorce rate is primarily driven by a small number of people who get divorced 3-4-5 times.

The divorce rate is radically lower when both partners are in their first marriage. It's also radically lower if the partners are A) older when they marry B) have higher education (bachelors degrees and above) C) earn more money.

The typical doctor obviously has a bachelors degree, most marry a bit older than the general population, and most are economically comfortable. Yes, there's stereotypes of surgeons who divorce a dozen times - but every single demographic factor is in favor of doctors actually divorcing lower than the general rate of the population. For a couple where they're both educated, on their first marriage, in their mid 20s, and financially stable, the divorce rate is 20% at most.

While you're looking for a wife, I'm trying to avoid an arranged marriage with this Polish girl my parents are setting me up. My parents want me to quickly get engaged or married before I start medical school so I won't get distracted with my studies :rolleyes:.

UNLV
I hear the single ladies are just walking the streets looking for men around the campus.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
yeah, i am already used to the idea that i will be single forever... hahahhah. Being so much older than my classmates is not helping.

Med students are poor. Residents make some money and are much closer to attending salary. Remember, money makes you cuter. At least that's what a friend told me. LOL.
Way overrated in 2020. It's all looks and personality.
Money is a factor if you're broke/ultra rich and/or your target is the sugar daddy seeking population.

Last edited:
Oh,that may be. I maintain its easier to fall in love with a rich person than one who is not. Personality and looks only get you so far. The Dr degree may not carry the luster it used to, especially if you have to marry 400k in school loans

Oh,that may be. I maintain its easier to fall in love with a rich person than one who is not. Personality and looks only get you so far. The Dr degree may not carry the luster it used to, especially if you have to marry 400k in school loans
Meh I'd argue money only takes you so far. Grew up around upper class people, can't say the SOs looked any better than typical average girls. Whereas ordinary middle class friends who were good looking cleaned it up pretty hard.

Though people do always take these scenarios to the extreme and compare someone who is completely broke to someone who is super rich.

Way overrated in 2020. It's all looks and personality.
Money is a factor if you're broke/ultra rich and/or your target is the sugar daddy seeking population.

I'm gonna echo this.

On average, Americans, particularly women, are more likely to have bachelor's degrees and above compared to before. We're all making our own money and trying to carve our paths...and millenials and gen-Z are thinking much more about emotional and long-term compatibility and mental health than previous generations due to evolving ideas of status, achievement, and stability.

The idea of marrying an SO for their money, particularly for those at and beyond first generation American status, is no longer as prominent of an issue as it was for other generations and perhaps as it is for immigrants or those in other countries, who are dealing with a separate set of issues.

Additionally, given modern American work schedules, the likelihood of an individual from a vastly different SES/projected SES post-grad becoming datable material is much less relevant compared to before. We generally marry people we're familiar with.

I can see how in other countries and certainly in the past money could be a game-changer for SO pickings, but again, current young adults now prioritize different things and are largely building stable careers for themselves. Money is only a game-changer for those currently or projected to be in extreme positions.

I do plead that older SDN users stop making jokes about or genuinely insinuating that money makes men more attractive to women in these types of posts. This is now largely archaic for the current applicant and in-school population and feeds into sexist and incel ideologies.

These may have been relevant or funny in your time or country, and perhaps among culturally conservative circles, but it's actually unhealthy now, and I'm sorry if you were negatively affected by the unfair societal norms and undue gendered pressure you experienced while growing up. You didn't deserve it, but the kids making posts like this don't deserve it either.

OP is just a kid looking for love, compassion, and comfort. Please do not put a young man's value with respect to (if he is straight) the opposite sex on his earnings. I see the havoc this wreaks, especially in my parents' generation and above, and especially with new immigrants desperately attempting to carve out their lives in a new country. It hurts everyone. It's not fair. Please stop.

OP, just live your life. Concentrate on building good friendships, a good sense of self, and ways to genuinely enjoy your life for now. The right person will eventually come along, and you will build a wonderful future with that person.