Finding out Match results per school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thinkmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I know this is probably some completely simple answer of go here or the list doesn't exist for every school. But I was wondering if anyone here knows of how to see the graduation class size and the match number for all the schools entering the Match. I know certain schools will post there match results on their website, my school included. Although is there a source that will give you all this information or can schools opt-out of reporting this info? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MSAR can give you a rough idea of what %s of the graduating Class goes into by specialty, but not where. It's also not 100% inclusive for all specialties.

Best source of info is to simply google "Match results XSOM 2020"

A match list is also hard to read, like tea leaves. Merely seeing that someone went to, say, dermatology at Yale doesn't tell you if that's a good program. Only our wise SDN residents and attendings can tell you that.

Reactions: 1 users
Also to add to what Goro said, keep in mind residency program rankings (whatever that means as it very subjective and variable) are not the same as medical school rankings. It is not unheard of a highly ranked medical school having "malignant" residency programs.