Finding PA preceptor...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hube

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After sending out hundreds of request letters without success, I am a very surprised how difficult it is to find a preceptor for the Stanford PA program

The program requires that students find a preceptor (on their own), who is licensed in family practice, and who will provide a physical location and clinical training for the physician assistant student. The preceptor would spend 8 hours/day with the student for an average of 12 days in second quarter, and 8 hours/day for 14 days in the third through fifth quarters.

Does anyone, know an MD preceptor in the San Francisco/Bay area who would take on a PA student?

I would truly appreciate any imput or help. +pity+

Thank You All.

Hube

Members don't see this ad.

Hube said:
Hello Everyone,

After sending out hundreds of request letters without success, I am a very surprised how difficult it is to find a preceptor for the Stanford PA program

The program requires that students find a preceptor (on their own), who is licensed in family practice, and who will provide a physical location and clinical training for the physician assistant student. The preceptor would spend 8 hours/day with the student for an average of 12 days in second quarter, and 8 hours/day for 14 days in the third through fifth quarters.

Does anyone, know an MD preceptor in the San Francisco/Bay area who would take on a PA student?

I would truly appreciate any imput or help. +pity+

Thank You All.

Hube

try the doctors on duty medical clinics in monterey, santa cruz and thereabouts.(9 offices). they do urgent care/occ med/fp type work and often take students.
this is the only reason I didn't apply to stanford or davis....to the best of my knowledge these are the only west coast programs that make you arrange your own preceptors.