• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Finding PA preceptor...

Hube

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2006
  1. Other Health Professions Student
    Hello Everyone,

After sending out hundreds of request letters without success, I am a very surprised how difficult it is to find a preceptor for the Stanford PA program

The program requires that students find a preceptor (on their own), who is licensed in family practice, and who will provide a physical location and clinical training for the physician assistant student. The preceptor would spend 8 hours/day with the student for an average of 12 days in second quarter, and 8 hours/day for 14 days in the third through fifth quarters.

Does anyone, know an MD preceptor in the San Francisco/Bay area who would take on a PA student?

I would truly appreciate any imput or help. +pity+

Thank You All.

Hube

D

deleted6669

Hube said:
      Hello Everyone,

After sending out hundreds of request letters without success, I am a very surprised how difficult it is to find a preceptor for the Stanford PA program

The program requires that students find a preceptor (on their own), who is licensed in family practice, and who will provide a physical location and clinical training for the physician assistant student. The preceptor would spend 8 hours/day with the student for an average of 12 days in second quarter, and 8 hours/day for 14 days in the third through fifth quarters.

Does anyone, know an MD preceptor in the San Francisco/Bay area who would take on a PA student?

I would truly appreciate any imput or help. +pity+

Thank You All.

Hube

try the doctors on duty medical clinics in monterey, santa cruz and thereabouts.(9 offices). they do urgent care/occ med/fp type work and often take students.
      this is the only reason I didn't apply to stanford or davis....to the best of my knowledge these are the only west coast programs that make you arrange your own preceptors.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.