Finding support for significant other when moving for residency

Started by SB100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SB100

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My girlfriend and I are planning to move together wherever I go for residency, and because she applied to master's programs this year in the same geographic areas as me we are hoping that when we move she'll be able to go back to school. The problem is we are worried that I may get into residency in a city where she has been rejected from masters programs, and vice versa. Has anyone else gone through a similar "couples matching" situation who can share their experiences?
 
I'm going through something very similar this year. We're equally nervous about it. If it's reassuring at all, there were many people I met on the interview trail in situations like ours. I hope it works out for everyone! Good luck