Finishing undergrad in three?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandora's Box

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if finishing my undergrad work in three year instead of four will affect me applying to med school? My GPA is great, there are plenty of clinical experience on my EC, and I plan to take the MCAT this August.

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

I know a girl who did it and got acceptd this year. I don't think it'll hurt you, as long as you're not taking a bunch of sciences over the summer to graduate early. Check with you rpre med advisor to be sure, but I think you'll be fine.

People do it all the time...it's nothing to worry about. It's so commonplace these days especially w/ AP credits carrying over from high school. You won't be a needle in the haystack. :wink:

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it this year and was accepted. It's definitely doable, though tough with the August MCAT. You just have to accept the fact that you will have late interviews and won't know where you are going until really late in the appication cycle (I still dont know :) ). If you have any other questions, post them here and I'd be happy to reply. Good luck!

Procrastinator,
If you finished a year early, isn't that kinda the opposite from what your name is????? :p I guess you intended to graduate in two, but procrastinated and finished in three. :cool: