First aid 2003 vs. 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ender

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a difference? Other posters have mentioned that they think 2004 is better but didn't say why.

Members don't see this ad.

The only section they changed (or rearranged) a lot is pharm. I would not buy a new one if I had the 2003 version. You money could be better spent on a rapid review path (as I was told).

Hi

Since your score will influence *significantly* where you will match, I'd get the most uptodate material available. I have read mixed posts as well about whether or not 2004 is much better.

good luck
lf

lf777 said:
Hi

Since your score will influence *significantly* where you will match, I'd get the most uptodate material available. I have read mixed posts as well about whether or not 2004 is much better.

good luck
lf

which is exactly why he should run out and buy another right? Go ahead and drop the $40 on another copy,... mixed reviews must mean atleast something is different.

Have such advocates actually sat down with a 2003 copy and a 2004 copy and seen just how different they are?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just put my money where my mouth is.

Went through the Pathology, Micro/Immuno, and Pharmacology sections of 04 and 03 simultaneously.

Micro, i think the only thing i added was that CCr5 mutations in homozygotes = immunity, heterozygotes = prolonged disease, and that CXCCR1 (?) mutations cause rapid dz progression.

Path had a new table that listed some HLA markers that werent in the last one. NOthing that isnt in BRS Path.

Pharm, there was indeed som re-organization, but as far as drugs, I think they added maybe 5 new compounds, a table of herbal supplements, and a few nice charts. All of those drugs are in Lipincott/were covered in my pharm class, as well as the herbal agents/

borrow it from someone to photocopy the charts if you need to. 0.40 versus 40.00.

fighting edition-based OCD everywhere,
phllystyl

Thats exactly what I did...you never know when you'll get a question about black cohosh. You could also go to your nearest Barnes and Noble and look for a 2004 and copy stuff down.