First Aid & CPR: Professional Licenses And Certificates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rangardrum

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can/should CPR and First Aid be placed in the professional licenses and certificates section of the PTCAS application? Since I have them, I'm wondering if that's considered a good addition to an application. Thanks!
 
I think most schools require that you have those certifications as an admission pre-req anyway and will want to see documentation of it prior to enrollment. But listing them on the PTCAS app certainly doesn't hurt either.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I put down certifications I had years ago (CPR/First Aid and Personal Trainer Certification), would that still look good?
 
I put down certifications I had years ago (CPR/First Aid and Personal Trainer Certification), would that still look good?

CPR/First Aid needs to be current if you are going to put it on your application. I think the current certification expiration is 2 years. If your PT cert. doesnt expire, definately put it down.
 
CPR/First Aid needs to be current if you are going to put it on your application. I think the current certification expiration is 2 years. If your PT cert. doesnt expire, definately put it down.

That's a good point since it asks for the expiration when entering certifications. Luckily you can obtain certification pretty quickly and easily.

I have my CPR and First Aid certifications through the American Red Cross. The CPR certification lasts 1 year, and First Aid lasts 3 years.