First day back today...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I still have eight days off. Looking forward to getting back, though - kinda.

We start back today too. Although this semester, other than PBL days, we have class from 2-5pm. Hell yeah! It does make it difficult to work but that's the advantage of working right next to school.

good luck everybody!

I start classes on Thursday. Very excited!!!

I start on sept 5

I started back today. It was hellacious. To start off I got to the school at 9:45 for my 10:00 class and drove around in the parking lot looking for a space for 20 minutes before giving up and parking in a random lot off campus hoping I wouldnt get a ticket. Then I walked to class and scuffed the heel up on my shoe in some soft crack filler in the parking lot. I was 15 minutes late to class and the only seat open required me to walk in front of the teacher while he was talking. I stood in line for lunch for an eternity and didnt get to have a free smoothe because they ran out of cups.

Waaaahhhhh. Tomorrow must be better.:p

I started back today. It was hellacious. To start off I got to the school at 9:45 for my 10:00 class and drove around in the parking lot looking for a space for 20 minutes before giving up and parking in a random lot off campus hoping I wouldnt get a ticket. Then I walked to class and scuffed the heel up on my shoe in some soft crack filler in the parking lot. I was 15 minutes late to class and the only seat open required me to walk in front of the teacher while he was talking. I stood in line for lunch for an eternity and didnt get to have a free smoothe because they ran out of cups.

I feel for you, seriously haha. Sounds brutal.

They had free smoothies???? Where and when????? :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
orientation starts tomorrow for me, classes start thursday...and for some reason the P2's have a bunch of "social events" planned for us...but they're not starting until wed night when we have classes starting thursday morning. No idea why they're waiting until Orientation is over to start having socials but whateve im still really excited!!

Yup. Started the day with breakfast courtesy of King Soopers after waking up at 5:45am and walking six blocks to be a cheapskate and avoid paying for parking.

Yup. Started the day with breakfast courtesy of King Soopers after waking up at 5:45am and walking six blocks to be a cheapskate and avoid paying for parking.

:laugh:
I refuse to buy a parking tag. The university doesn't deserve $50/semester just so that I can fight for a parking spot.
If I walked to school, which I shouldn't for safety reasons, it would take approx. 25 minutes. I had to walk once when my car's EFI relay was kaput.
Sooo... more power to ya!

I refuse to buy a parking tag. The university doesn't deserve $50/semester just so that I can fight for a parking spot.
If I walked to school, which I shouldn't for safety reasons, it would take approx. 25 minutes. I had to walk once when my car's EFI relay was kaput.

$50:eek: I pay close to three times that to fight for parking. This morning it made me late to class because I had to park so far away. I don't have a choice though because I live far from campus. Just have to wait a few weeks for people to start going to class...lol.

$50:eek: I pay close to three times that to fight for parking. This morning it made me late to class because I had to park so far away. I don't have a choice though because I live far from campus. Just have to wait a few weeks for people to start going to class...lol.

You mean stop, right? The parking lots here are always full, no matter what!

Sorry, but $50/semester totaling $100/year is ridiculous. I can park very very close for free, so I refuse to buy the tag. The campus has a mixed residential element, so the dorms are "down the street". I can park closer to my classes (than I would if I lived on campus) for free. Besides, I would rather buy a cute purse or a new pair of shoes at the end of the year :p.

Okay how about 360.00 per semester to park. Argggggg. I hate that bill it seems so outrageous to me.

No it is not mandatory, I could park in the back "40" but it would be a hike and I'm too lazy and hate the heat! Besides those late night library study sessions would mean walking alone to my car. So at least a well lighted parking ramp is a bit better.

Oh geez, can you tell I couldn't fall asleep last night? I guess I have it made here then since I can at least get parking.

Yes, consider yourself lucky!
Here's a funny story about parking...
There was heavy rain during finals week, and the news stations warned about potential flash flooding. Well, it flooded. One street close to campus was so full of water, people had to stay on campus because they couldn't open their doors without flooding their cars.
So... I had to walk through almost knee-high water to get to my vehicle. Luckily, I had driven a truck to school that day. When I was walking, people were asking me if I needed a ride to my car. :oops:
I had high heels on that day, so the water would have probably been knee-high otherwise.
After I left campus, I went directly to the bookstore with soaking wet jeans.
Crazy, crazy, crazy day.

Here's a link for fun. You can see the advantage of driving a truck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYrBRFcrbI
note: this is a little worse than the flooding near campus

No it is not mandatory, I could park in the back "40" but it would be a hike and I'm too lazy and hate the heat! Besides those late night library study sessions would mean walking alone to my car. So at least a well lighted parking ramp is a bit better.

Don't walk alone at night, please! Just pay for the parking pass and consider it an investment in your future.
I'm so sorry the tag is that expensive!

I start Monday, August 27 at 9am.....and we park for free!!!!:)

Gl to all the students of class of 2011, and welcome to the profession :).

Gl to all the students of class of 2011, and welcome to the profession :).

Thank you! I start Monday the 27th. I can't decide if I'm more excited or scared.:scared:

3 days down and school already blows. Why am I doing this again?
You're doing this, because you are waist-high in debt and can't turn back now?? It's also known as a commitment.

Some people, such as myself, have problems with life-altering commitments. I like to commit to one or two things at a time, so that I don't turn into a big stress ball. I'd hate to see my self implode.

i started on monday!! i chose an apartment that is located near school so i wouldn't have to pay the $200+ for a parking permit...

my first day went well... second day of pharmacy school, i got caught in a total downpour and walked to class wearing a bright blue poncho. yes, i know, i was stunning by the time i got there! that's what i get for being a cheapskate... and for being from the desert! i have no idea what to do when it rains.. and of course i couldn't find the umbrella that has been unused in my trunk for 5 years! grr!!

good luck everyone who is also starting this year! i'm so, so excited. :laugh:

Today was my first day back, and boy did I have fun.
My professor's name rhymes with Harry Potter. The guy's British. He likes to make jokes with flat punchlines too. I couldn't believe it! To top it off, he's the son and grandson of two Harry Potters :eek:. The entire day, my ears perked up when I heard the dialect. It was like, "large doses of veetamen E, schalatul, osmolairitee, laboritory, cornery, etc."
The funniest part, he says he won't translate anything :p.
I've gotten used to other dialects too. When I say acacia it sounds like "ahkahzeeuh".
This is going to be a fantastic and interesting semester...

Today was my first day back, and boy did I have fun.
My professor's name rhymes with Harry Potter. The guy's British. He likes to make jokes with flat punchlines too. I couldn't believe it! To top it off, he's the son and grandson of two Harry Potters :eek:. The entire day, my ears perked up when I heard the dialect. It was like, "large doses of veetamen E, schalatul, osmolairitee, laboritory, cornery, etc."
The funniest part, he says he won't translate anything :p.
I've gotten used to other dialects too. When I say acacia, "it sounds like ahkahzeeuh".
This is going to be a fantastic and interesting semester...

I signed up for a stats class that was taught by a romanian guy that sounded *exactly* like the count from Sesame Street. He would say, "And if you look at this vone..." and in my head I would think "vone, two, three...vahahah". I've been around a lot of accents and never found any to be distracting but for some reason this one was so distracting that I ended up dropping the class. I guess it would have been ok if he had been teaching English or something. But the Count's accent and him always talking numbers was just too distracting.

No kidding. Classes are dull this time around.

Clinical Pharmacokinetics.... Pharmacy Practice: Law.... both very good to learn, both are awful to sit through

However, learning about the mechanical properties of Polymers in drug delivery systems 3 is by far the worst because it's completely useless (like the entire class, complete waste of time).

The only class I'm looking forward to this semester is ID, and that's not until october-december (5 days a week though, blah)

Clinical Pharmacokinetics.... Pharmacy Practice: Law.... both very good to learn, both are awful to sit through

However, learning about the mechanical properties of Polymers in drug delivery systems 3 is by far the worst because it's completely useless (like the entire class, complete waste of time).

The only class I'm looking forward to this semester is ID, and that's not until october-december (5 days a week though, blah)

Kinetics would be just fine if the teacher wasn't dull. Pharmacology is okay and Med Chem is what it is.

So sorry - I paid $303 dollars...I was told I could return and refund it for a prorated amount...I'll probably take the train...

I signed up for a stats class that was taught by a romanian guy that sounded *exactly* like the count from Sesame Street. He would say, "And if you look at this vone..." and in my head I would think "vone, two, three...vahahah". I've been around a lot of accents and never found any to be distracting but for some reason this one was so distracting that I ended up dropping the class. I guess it would have been ok if he had been teaching English or something. But the Count's accent and him always talking numbers was just too distracting.

Oh I would have had a laughing fit nearly every day. "Vone, two, three degrees of freedom, ah ah ah!" But it might have been a better statistics class than some of the ones that I've taken (I've had 3 stats courses now).