First Interview Invitation Received

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquapants

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) ...and I haven't even sent in a secondary yet. Does any school do this other than Michigan?

Members don't see this ad.

wow, that's so cool. congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it has to do with being rad... i want to be rad.
peter

I think in-staters above a certain cutoff (I heard 3.5/33) get automatic invitations -- but I'm not sure...anyone?

Last year i remember UMich was the first to give out invites, and i think Aqua is right, but i'm not sure. --Trek

i think i saw something similar on utah's website. anyways, congrats pants.

Congrats aquapants....I know a few other schools give interview invitations before secondaries. The only one I know offhand other than Michigan is Vanderbilt, but I think maybe some school in Pennsylvania does as well.

As for the cutoff thing with Michigan, I heard a similar rumor last year when I was applying. I'm not sure how hard-and-fast a rule it is, but I do know that of my friends, those of us that got 33 or higher on the MCAT got interviews, and those that got 32 or below did not. I think that's pretty shady, but I couldn't control it....whatever. Michigan missed a lot of good people with their cut-off.

I got secondaries and a request for letters and picture. I wouldn't mind getting an invite before I send the secondary...

Aquapants,

When will the interview be? Do they give you a few dates to choose from?

thanks all...

mws99: they gave 6 dates, 3 in September and 3 in October, and I called today and they gave me the one I wanted (Sept. 20th).

I still have to send in the secondary & recs & a photo before the interview happens, though.

Last December, I received an interview invitation from Creighton before sending in my supplementary (with no ties whatsoever to the state or undergrad institution). I was surprised, but apparently it can happen. Also, Temple gave me an interview without checking my rec letters...so do NOT assume everything is in order just because of the invite!!!

i just got my invite to interview at michigan. i'm a minnesota resident and just sent in the secondary on tuesday, so i don't know what kind of criteria they have for selecting, but i'll take it. :) anyhow, best of luck to everyone else.

I got it from UMich today too, I don't know which date to pick.

CONGRATS! (but be careful as well!) Some schools grant interviews to almost everyone in an effort to collect more $! Georgetown interviews TONS of people as well.
I sent in $100 to Mount Sinai in NY, to "process" my secondary, only to be rejected a week later!!

Originally posted by kenfused
CONGRATS! (but be careful as well!) Some schools grant interviews to almost everyone in an effort to collect more $! Georgetown interviews TONS of people as well.
I sent in $100 to Mount Sinai in NY, to "process" my secondary, only to be rejected a week later!!

:laugh: kind of makes u wish they'd send the rejection letter on gold paper or something.!