aquapants

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Status
:) ...and I haven't even sent in a secondary yet. Does any school do this other than Michigan?

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
wow, that's so cool. congratulations!

About the Ads
OP
A

aquapants

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Status
I think in-staters above a certain cutoff (I heard 3.5/33) get automatic invitations -- but I'm not sure...anyone?

Trek

Grand Uranium Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2001
The Big House
Status
Last year i remember UMich was the first to give out invites, and i think Aqua is right, but i'm not sure. --Trek

Sprockette

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
Status
Congrats aquapants....I know a few other schools give interview invitations before secondaries. The only one I know offhand other than Michigan is Vanderbilt, but I think maybe some school in Pennsylvania does as well.

As for the cutoff thing with Michigan, I heard a similar rumor last year when I was applying. I'm not sure how hard-and-fast a rule it is, but I do know that of my friends, those of us that got 33 or higher on the MCAT got interviews, and those that got 32 or below did not. I think that's pretty shady, but I couldn't control it....whatever. Michigan missed a lot of good people with their cut-off.

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got secondaries and a request for letters and picture. I wouldn't mind getting an invite before I send the secondary...

mws99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
Aquapants,

When will the interview be? Do they give you a few dates to choose from?

OP
A

aquapants

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Status
thanks all...

mws99: they gave 6 dates, 3 in September and 3 in October, and I called today and they gave me the one I wanted (Sept. 20th).

I still have to send in the secondary & recs & a photo before the interview happens, though.

Lara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2002
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Last December, I received an interview invitation from Creighton before sending in my supplementary (with no ties whatsoever to the state or undergrad institution). I was surprised, but apparently it can happen. Also, Temple gave me an interview without checking my rec letters...so do NOT assume everything is in order just because of the invite!!!

ga07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
saint peter
none
Status
i just got my invite to interview at michigan. i'm a minnesota resident and just sent in the secondary on tuesday, so i don't know what kind of criteria they have for selecting, but i'll take it. :) anyhow, best of luck to everyone else.

kenfused

Partner Organization
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Status
CONGRATS! (but be careful as well!) Some schools grant interviews to almost everyone in an effort to collect more $! Georgetown interviews TONS of people as well.
I sent in $100 to Mount Sinai in NY, to "process" my secondary, only to be rejected a week later!!

C

CyclinE

Originally posted by kenfused
CONGRATS! (but be careful as well!) Some schools grant interviews to almost everyone in an effort to collect more $! Georgetown interviews TONS of people as well.
I sent in $100 to Mount Sinai in NY, to "process" my secondary, only to be rejected a week later!!
:laugh: kind of makes u wish they'd send the rejection letter on gold paper or something.!

About the Ads